Gives new meaning to 'shampoo your engine'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reading on the Amsoil website section where they are discussing oil adds, and there was this paragraph:

People were amazed as the meter peaked out at 140 lb-ft. torque and still didn't stall the motor. We knew what was happening but many unsuspecting consumers were eating it up and standing in line to buy the additive. The next day we showed up with some Head & Shoulders Shampoo disguised in an oil bottle & had the IXL additive people try it on their test machine. The operator was amazed as the motor just barely stalled at 140 lb-ft. The operator says that's pretty good stuff, what is it? We said Head & Shoulders. He was quite embarrassed to say the least. Head & Shoulders has high levels of high potency ZINC in it that attaches itself to ferrous metals. Coke soft drink will do exactly the same thing. ZINC reduces friction and provides anti-wear protection and is present in most motor oils at a much reduced level. Now, would you put Head & Shoulders in your engine?

I had no idea H&S had THIS much zinc in it....I use it...that can't be good for your head, can it?
freak2.gif

Anyway, thought this was kinda funny.....

Actually, lower zinc levels are a cause of dermatitis i.e. dandruff.

That's why Head and Shoulders works well on only some cases of dandruff and not others.

dandruff shampoos have some zinc in them, they have much more selenium than zinc. does selenium have anti-wear properties? i dunno.

Well, clearly the test results were skewed because Head and Shoulders is clearly NOT recommended for that engine. Specification 802.2542 clearly indicates that it requires a shampoo with the conditioner additive such as Pert Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back