ARX Rinse Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new to the forum but have been lurking for several weeks. I am 1,000 miles into an ARX clean phase on 2 cars

1998 Acura RL with 126k owned it for 1 year purchased with 100k on it. Well maintained! I have noticed a change in MPG and the engine idle's much smoother.

1997 BMW 540i with 72k. The BMW is new to me and was not sure of prior maintenance. The car is in great shape! There is a little stubling at idle other then that no other issues. I have no noticable change in this car with ARX.

So I'm planning on using Havoline for the rinse cycle. Any thoughts, concerns or recommendations on using Havoline.
Thanks Roy

From the ARX website and posts here, any non-synthetic oil will work fine for the rinse.

RCV1963,

After you finish the cleaning and rinse phase of Auto-Rx are you going to use the 3oz maintenance program at every oil change?

I have a Chrysler 2002 Town/Country and they recommend non synthetic oil. I have started using the maintenance program and it has worked great good luck.

Daryl

I'm not sure that the AutoRX will do much for the idle stumble on the BMW-the problem sounds more like a fuel related problem.

Have you considered trying FP60? I had a similar issue with my 300ZX but using FP makes a big difference.

And by the way...
welcome.gif

Thanks for all your feedback. I am going to change the oil in the Acura for the rinse oil this week. There is a marked improvement using ARX. Given the milage I am planning on doing a 2nd clean phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back