Fuel Cleaner in my Nissan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used both Techron and FP60 (not at the same time, of course) in my 2001 Infiniti I30 (made by Nissan) with zero problems.

I asked the same question a couple of years ago on this board as well as another dedicated Nissan board. We pretty much determined that there was no problem with high quality fuel additives such as Techron, FP60 or Redline. However the ones to stay away from were the "buck a bottle" fuel treatments.

I've since used them in my 300Z with no problems. I did have an injector related problem shortly after starting to use FP60, but it was in no way related to the use of FP60; it ended up being an electrical corrosion related issue.

It has something to do with pintless fuel injectors.

Redline SI-1 is more detergents than solvents,,, thats what i use with good results.

The local Nissan dealerships use a two-step fuel additive every 15K miles: BG02.

I recently used Chevron Techron for the first time in my 95 Maxima SE.

Apart from Techron, I would consider BG44K, FP60 and Gumout Regane in future.

I believe Nissan had a TSB that only recommended usage of the 3M through-the-rail cleaners. I have used techron and seafoam in the gas tank in my Maxima, and so far so good... I may try RL SI-1 next time.

I have used MMO religiously in my 98 Maxima
since new for and upper cylinder lubricant and
to keep the fuel pump lubed. I use it at twice
the recommended dose or 8oz per 10 gallons and
have never had a problem in 86,000 miles.
The motor runs great

I asked a Nissan mechanic about Wynnes Fuel Injector Cleaner, he said no problem and use every 3 fill ups if I want, I use once each oil change in my QR25DE, father uses it in Sentra same way, no problems yets.

I also brought this up on this board in past too, general consensus then too was stay away from cheap stuff, Wynnes is sold for $3.50 bottle separate and 3 for $6.77 multipacked, don't know what category this pricing falls. Says it is safe for all cats and oxygen sensors. It treats 40 to 50 litres, on safe side I add it to 60 litres on full tank. Can be used in gas or diesel. Under ingredients it says "petroleum distillates" Anyone know if this Wynnes is a safe cleaner for Nissan?
dunno.gif

Cyprs

Cyprs,

Yes the Wynn's stuff is a great product. My Nissan dealership used Wynn's Preoffesional grade (just a bit stronger than the commercial stuff) stuff on all their Nissan cars. Fuel cleaner/additives, oil additives, transmission additives, and other Wynn's products.
I used the commercially available stuff in the blue bottle (WalMart) on my QR25DE every 3 months without issue.
Mind you I also used Lucas Fuel treatment throughout the ownership of my car. When they tore the motor apart for warranty repair due to defect, the backs of the valves and cylinder tops were spotless!! Use the Wynn's products with confidence.

Thanks L2D, yeah, the blue bottle is stuff I use, every 5K km, 3 months, stuff really has a solvent smell, glad to here your results, I wont stop using it for sure now.

How is your Japanese QR25DE motor working to date? I got a Japanese pure bred QR25DE, 165 HP version modified for this SUV X-Trail, like it.

Cyprs

Well Cyprs. I'm not totally sure how it's doing. I sold my car and bought a Corolla S!
smile.gif
I guess I got tired of the fuel mileage, and all the parts failing on the Sentra. I would have bought an X-Trail, but just couldn't swing the $$ for the X-Trail SE AWD I wanted.
frown.gif
I miss it at times though.

offtopic.gif
Hope the Corolla works out for you L2D, I got the lower version XE AWD, everything I need, the X-Trail is a solid built machine, 35 miles to gallon not much to write home about, you may not have liked that. Good luck with the Corrola S, better use the XD3 in that one, will help with sludge.
smile.gif

Nothing wrong with a "yotosh" as we nick named older Toyotas in the 70's, tough cars, buddies drove Toyotas, (Datsun myself) "yotoshes" took as much a beatin as any 16-17 year old kid could dish out on them. I gotta few stories/testimonials on their toughness.

Cyprs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back