Just started Auto-rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just threw in my first bottle of auto-rx. I put in a brand new fl-820s motorcraft filter and was ready to go. To my surprise auto-rx is gel like and very dark. I also took an oil sample to send to blackstone and i will take another after auto-rx. Im very excited to see what kind of results i get. 98 Mustang GT 4.6 with 93,000 miles.

I thought the same thing when I poured it in. it was black like used motor oil. I am in to 500 miles of the cleaning phase and can tell a difference in the engine smoothness.

i hope you shook it Up-Up-Dn-Dn-Lt-Rt-Lt-Rt 45 seconds prior to putting it in the engine! this turns it white which is a good color!!!!!!

Warming the Auto-Rx bottle in hot tap water allows it to flow easily. Cold it looks like a prune juice slushy.

Ken

LOL, I guess that is one argument for it's effectiveness. Would anyone make a placebo that looked so crazy???
grin.gif

I think my car is starting to blow smoke when i FIRST start it up after it has been sitting. There is a puff of smoke. I dont think this is good.

smoke is probably a good thing, if it's just now starting with the ARX treatment. my car started smoking like a rabid nepalese wombat on death row 150mi into my 3rd consecutive treatment. it was billowing from behind the engine where it meets the turbo. after 6 days the smoke ceased and general consensus here is that the ARX knocked out hella carbon buildup in the ring packs. when the smoke stopped, the car ran even better than before it started smoking. give the smoking some time to clear itself, and check your oil level often!

My bottles of ARX have been pretty liquefied and not gel like at all. The directions say to let sit at room temperature for four hours before using it.

Could be the contaminants dissoving off the valve stems and seals. Could be working on deposits on the upper compression rings. To get smoke out the tailpipe at start when cold, gotta be close to the exhaust valves. You have only begun the ARX cleansing process. Sounds like progress to me. Be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back