New CAT Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a couple of them on the highway as dealer/distributor trucks and saw one at a trade show. I thought they were just a promotional vehicle. I guess they are the real deal. They look really good, like a no-frills work truck, a little different than what else is out there.

http://www.drivecat.com/overview

cat_trucks_j.jpg

cat_trucks_k.jpg

An interesting (and pretty!) truck. I thought that CAT engines weren't emission compliant. Things must have changed because this highlights the CAT engine. It also claims that it doesn't need DEF fluid. That is also a surprise to me. Looks like the only available tranny is the CAT automatic, which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing. The automatic is where the whole industry is heading to.
I'm guessing that this truck has a "grab your ankles" price tag though.

The engines are produced by NAVISTAR/INTERNATIONAL and sold as CAT:

Originally Posted By: CAT
Thanks for your question Sean. I am glad to hear that you have such a great relationship with Holt of California. As I’ve mentioned here before, the new Cat CT660 will be sold and serviced exclusively by the Cat dealer network. Your contacts at Holt of California will be there for you for your bumper to bumper support needs. In regards to the engine, Navistar will manufacture the engine for us and we’ve worked with them to create horsepower and torque ratings specific for the vocational truck market and similar to what you’ve experienced with Cat in the past. I truly believe you will be more than pleased with the power and performance you will get out of the new Cat CT11, CT13 and CT15. Thanks for your interest, I can’t wait for you to have an opportunity to experience the new CT660 in person!

http://blog.drivecat.com/2011/01/cat-ct660-engine-options/

I used to be a CAT fan until our last fire trucks (2008) with Cat C13's. Those trucks are horrible...no wonder they got out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back