Driveworks Transmission Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to order some stuff for the upcoming 60k mile maintenance on the Charger tomorrow. I can't decide between two filters for the tranny and looking for some opinions.

Option 1-
Wix Filter $23.76

Option 2-
Driveworks Filter $24.99 - TRT41 = $15.90

I know that the Driveworks oil filters are a solid cheap filter, even though they are China made. Anyone have any experience with their Transmission filters? Is this a China made filter or is it a Wix clone?

Its the tranny! Put the Wix in there or OEM, for the sake of a few dollars, to me its a no brainer.

The Driveworks filters are the same as the "Pro King" filters previously sold by Advance and are kinda cheaply constructed IMO. I usually just use OEM for trans filters myself.

I have one in the 4T45E in my wife's HHR, the most expensive vehicle I've ever paid for, and trust it.
wink.gif

The funny thing is they say "light duty" on the box, like they aren't expecting much.

The gasket they include should be tossed if your OE one is in any good shape at all. The OE gasket has torque limiters and other benefits. Wipe it clean while still stuck to the pan and reuse if it wasn't leaking (much).

I used one on my f150 4r70w. The gasket that holds the neck in the transmission fit very loosly. Not happy with it, I wont use them again. Motorcraft only.

Originally Posted By: stro_cruiser
Its the tranny! Put the Wix in there or OEM, for the sake of a few dollars, to me its a no brainer.

Given the tranny environment [insert joke here], other than initial break-in, I don't think there is much for a tranny filter to actually catch.

man o man i about forgot yes its a cut & past sorry. __________________
after you clean the trans. add this to your chrysler trans. an external fluid filter
1. go to auto-zone. get 2210, its called a power steering filter, but it is for transs to. it is for 3/8 tubing. by (magna-fine) be sure to use high pressure hose. Reff:http://www.magnafilter.com.au/magna-fine.html
2. for other sizes wix 58964 5/16 tube size reff:http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlook...sionfilter.asp

Given the tranny environment [insert joke here], other than initial break-in, I don't think there is much for a tranny filter to actually catch.[/quote]

WoW RamMan,

Any innuendo in that statement?

Originally Posted By: 229
Given the tranny environment [insert joke here], other than initial break-in, I don't think there is much for a tranny filter to actually catch.

WoW RamMan,

Any innuendo in that statement?[/quote]

I cross dress and dance on the weekends.
...he's a lousy tipper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back