A comparison of oil filter construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been posted a few times, but is still good information
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
Thanks, is ford bad about listing applications for say Toyota highlanders 2004 v6, could not find it, they seem to prefer to spec fomoco products only?

For finding an application other than a Ford product, I find the easiest way to go is at RockAuto.com and type in your application. It looks like your vehicle takes the Motorcraft FL793.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
Thanks, is ford bad about listing applications for say Toyota highlanders 2004 v6, could not find it, they seem to prefer to spec fomoco products only?

Fyi, I use a Motorcraft oil filter for my 05 Toyota Matrix. The chart at Walmart listed which one I could use. Sure keeps the oil nice and clean for a long while. Unlike, the generic ones at Firestone and some other places.

Interesting. I've used Motorcraft filters on all my Mopars for years, all use the same size(FL1A).
I used to cut them open and take pictures, but decided it was a waste of time. They were always in good condition and could easily have gone for another oil change.

Wayne

Motorcrafts are the absolute bomb for "bang for your buck" filters.

I believe the efficiency has been tested to be around 94%.

One thing to point out, only the part numbers ending in "s" have a silicome ADBV. I just bought one for my Hyundai and it has plain nitrile ADBV.

I know many people already know this, just pointing it out because they show a silicone ADBV model in the link

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
One thing to point out, only the part numbers ending in "s" have a silicome ADBV. I just bought one for my Hyundai and it has plain nitrile ADBV.

I know many people already know this, just pointing it out because they show a silicone ADBV model in the link

Do the *non-S* models still have the adbv at the outlet hole,or are they at the dome end like all other filters?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: stephen9666

Do the *non-S* models still have the adbv at the outlet hole,or are they at the dome end like all other filters?

I think you're referring to the thread end bypass valve, not the ADBV.

From what I've seen, any Motorcraft that fits a Ford product of any kind will have the thread end bypass. Motorcrafts that are spec'd only for non-Ford applications often use a dome bypass and nitrile ADBV. In such a case you might as well save 75 cents and get the Puro Classic instead.

The non "S" series FL-1A for example still uses a thread end bypass but it has a nitrile ADBV as it is only "spec'd" for much older Fords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back