Seafoam Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tryed seafoam fuel additive in a diesel engine??If so have you had noticeable results?Thanks,coobie

i've used it on my gas engine. fwiw i noticed a considerable difference when injecting it directly to the engine via a vacuum tree, but no difference when added to via a tank of gas.

Hi Coobie,
I just added Sea Foam to both my '91.5 W-250 & '03 3500 SWR w/ Cummins Engines. I added it directly into the fuel filters, as recommended by SF. Started the engines & ran the "crap" out of them, as some have suggested. I warmed-up the engines before the treatments so as not to run the "crap" out of a cold engine.

Both engines seemed to respond well to the treatments. They seem to be smoother running, now.

I've been having persistent problems with an injector "knocking" on the '03. I was able to clear up the problem with the use of fuel additive (Primrose 405) & recently, adding MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil) on top of the Primrose 405. I wish I'd known about the Sea Foam when the injector was still acting up.

The '91.5 has been running a little rough, lately, also. The SF seems to have smoothed out the lower rpm performance.

For $5.99, I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did it.

Joe Fihn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back