MolaBrew and Diesel oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious if anyone has used or is still using the #132/LC mix in diesel oil. Does anyone think there might be any negative aspects to using the #132/LC with a diesel oil such as Amsoil's 10W-30 or the Series 3000 5W-30?

In the searches I have done to try to find the answer to the above question, I was struck once again by Molakule's statements about the benefits of the #132/LC mix.

As a refresher for people who may have forgotten, here are the benefits stated by Molakule in another post:

"The original brew was to accomplish a number of things:

1. Increase viscosity of light 5W30 and 10W30 oils.
2. Use the synergistic effects of 132 and LC to control oxidation and further clean enngines, and stabilize both TBN and viscosity.
3. To supplement additives not found in run-of-the-mill oils like dinos and OTC synthetics, such as Antimony DTC, and increase the moly content of oils which had no or low Moly contents. Use these same DTC's in 132 to decrease friction (as FM's).
4. Use the synthetic surfactant in 132 to bring the organometallic additives to parts for a surface film deposition.
5. Use the surfactant in 132 to help the oil "climb" onto parts when cold, to reduce cold weather start-up problems.
6. Use the surfactant to control rust and oxidation of engines that are nonoperational for long periods."

I know there are currently a number of people trying and using this mix in their gasoline engine oils. However, I don't think I saw any mention of the #132/LC mix in diesel oils.

I would like to try this in Amsoil's products. Any reason why I should not? I also plan to be using oil analysis to help me determine if there is a benefit or not.

Thanks,
Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back