AMSOIL 0W20 SIGNATURE SERIES UOA @ 7,100 MILES

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 TOYOTA CAMRY 2.5L.
1ST OIL CHANGE WITH AMSOIL SIGNATURE SERIES. I HAVE USED KENDALL FULL SYNTHETIC 0W20 FOR PROBABLY 6 OIL CHANGES, MOBIL ONE FOR ONE OIL CHANGE, AND BG HILOW30 FOR ONE OIL CHANGE.
THIS OIL CHANGE HAS 7,100 MILES ON OIL WITH A PUROLATOR PURE ONE OIL FILTER (LOOKED PRETTY ROUGH WHEN I CHANGED THE FILTER)
THE FIRST OIL CHANGE ON AMSOIL I DID NOT USE ANY FLUSH PRIOR TO CHANGING THE OIL. THIS OIL WAS ALSO RUN OVER THE WINTER MONTHS AND MY WIFE DRIVES IT ABOUT 9-10 MILES TO WORK ONE WAY EVERY DAY.

I AM NOW ON MY SECOND RUN WITH SIGNATURE WITH AN AMSOIL OIL FILTER.

ed36baaf-d2f5-45a8-853d-09c3bbd5f34c_zps6db8ab42.jpg

Good move going to the Amsoil filter for the longer change. Oil looks great.

Try 10K and see what the Amsoil does. I really don't think you will make 15K with this oil, but 10K might just work out. How many miles per year do you put on this car? If you average 12K in a year, show Amsoil your 10K analysis and see what they think and what they suggest regarding the 15K or one year guarantee.

Hey we probably average 15k a year. I figure the oil being used during winter with us not driving as much is not giving the oil time to heat up enough to burn the condensation off. Plus I like pure one oil filters but I don't think for oil changes over 5k they hold up....mine looked pretty rough!!

could you explain what you mean by, "rough"? Did you cut the filter open? Was the media torn? Was the can or the gasket misshapen?

Thanks for the post.

No I didn't cut it open but the filter media was really black and the media itself was twisted.

Originally Posted By: rcbc96
Hey we probably average 15k a year. I figure the oil being used during winter with us not driving as much is not giving the oil time to heat up enough to burn the condensation off. Plus I like pure one oil filters but I don't think for oil changes over 5k they hold up....mine looked pretty rough!!

If you are running 15k a year, with this UOA in hand....I would give Amsoil a call and ask them about the 1 year or 15K warranty. Ask them if the next UOA say's change out at 10K what they will or won't do. Your UOA shows you have a nice/good running engine so they can't say it's faulty. Maybe they will buy you an oil change?.....
whistle.gif

Nice showing for Amsoil.

The fluid is grossly under-utilized; extend the OCI and get some value from the fluid. Easily can get 10k and then sample and make another call from there.

Last edited:
Did this oil do any better than any OTS synthetic would have?
TBN appears a little low for an oil that is supposedly capable of some whole number multiple of 7K.
I agree with you that this oil could have done 10K, and it would have been interesting to have seen a longer UOA with it.

One of the reasons why I don't put much emphasis on starting Tbn is for this reason. You don't get points for spiking your oils so they look good on paper.

With TBN, B/S Labs tends to report a lower number compared to what I see from other labs. In this particular case you would want to extend the oil further but monitor wear and oxidation. I wouldn't worry about TBN at all here. 10k is doable.

Should I try the amsoil XL line next time?
Do you think it being a different ad package it would hold up just as good if I only want a 10k oil change interval??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back