Pick my oil for the Prius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next change coming up in a week or so.

Temps are still in the 20s and 30s, nevertheless it's time for a dino fill.

Pick :

Quaker State Advanced Durability (Green bottle)
Valvoline Next Gen Conventional
Valvoline Max Life Syn Blend
A blend of Mobil Special, SOPUS, and whatever else I have sitting on my shelf

If I were you, I'd take advantage of the AAP oil change special on PP and combine it with the SOPUS rebate, so you'd end up with a jug of PP plus a K&N oil filter for ten bucks before sales tax, but that's just me.
Of the oils you've listed, I'm partial to Maxlife based upon my experience with it, including a superb UOA of Nextgen Maxlife from my old BMW, so I'd be inclined to use it.
OTOH, warmer weather seems to me to be the best time to run a mongrel blend, so if you have an assortment of odds and ends to use up, you could go that way.
Any choice you make will keep the Prius happy.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
If I were you, I'd take advantage of the AAP oil change special on PP and combine it with the SOPUS rebate, so you'd end up with a jug of PP plus a K&N oil filter for ten bucks before sales tax, but that's just me.
Of the oils you've listed, I'm partial to Maxlife based upon my experience with it, including a superb UOA of Nextgen Maxlife from my old BMW, so I'd be inclined to use it.
OTOH, warmer weather seems to me to be the best time to run a mongrel blend, so if you have an assortment of odds and ends to use up, you could go that way.
Any choice you make will keep the Prius happy.

I have absolutely no intention of buying more oil for a long time... thank you for the rebate information though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back