Spray Gun to Spray Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas on a fairly inexpensive gun to spray oil for rustproofing? No need for a high priced unit as I'll only use it maybe 2/3 times.

You can buy Shutz guns for $30-40,but they come with no hoses or applicator wands.

I'd go on Craigslist and find a used airless paint sprayer. Doesnt have to work great for this.

Do the earth a favor and spray Fluid Film or CarWell. Oil sprayed on your vehicle will eventually be washed off and pollute the earth.

Imagine what the world would be if everyone went to Jiffy Lube, they drained 5 Qt, added 5 QT and sprayed the used 5 QT on your frame and underbody.

My Dad and many others would pour used motor oil on dusty dirt roads to keep the dust down. But we know better now.

Planed on using Fluid Film and Bar & Chain oil. Bar & Chain oil gets tossed into the enviroment even being used as its ment to be.

Thanks for the replys, didn't think of the gun offered by Fluid Film, its just what I want, and in the right price range.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Do the earth a favor and spray Fluid Film or CarWell. Oil sprayed on your vehicle will eventually be washed off and pollute the earth.

Imagine what the world would be if everyone went to Jiffy Lube, they drained 5 Qt, added 5 QT and sprayed the used 5 QT on your frame and underbody.

My Dad and many others would pour used motor oil on dusty dirt roads to keep the dust down. But we know better now.

Yes, now we know that the wear metals and combustion byproducts in the used oil can cause problems.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Planed on using Fluid Film and Bar & Chain oil. Bar & Chain oil gets tossed into the enviroment even being used as its ment to be.

Thanks for the replys, didn't think of the gun offered by Fluid Film, its just what I want, and in the right price range.

Thanks again.

you're welcome old friend.

I thin with kerosene or diesel until it'll spray with one of those cheapo plant misters. A "jet" (as opposed to a "mist") can shoot into box sections through the drainage holes.

There are of course better solutions, with wand / probe applicators, but the oil creeps pretty well so you probably don't need perfect coverage.

I've also used a water-oil emulsion but that does tend to clog.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I'd go on Craigslist and find a used airless paint sprayer. Doesnt have to work great for this.

couldn't you just use a regular pump sprayer like the ones used for roundup?

http://www.pestmall.com/shops/www.pestma...ump-sprayer.jpg

I have been tempted to drill hole and put the tire Schroeder valve in that tank and use my 12V compressor to pressurize it. In theory, it should work but in practice I might not be able to seal that one correctly and will have to sacrifice a perfectly good sprayer. I *have* tried this concept on an empty gallon jug but the air always leaked out :-(

My greatest concern with an air based sprayer is just how much air it requires... It's a ton.

Are you telling me my 12 volt plug in the liter outlet compressor isn't going to cut it?

Dang!

I know, I know, but I had to say it. Please take it as it was ment to be taken, all in jest.

I have one these eastwood guns with the rigid extension wand option, good option for getting up into the sides of my truck bed. It is much better then the kellsport which I also own. This unit is less costly then the professional unit eastwood also sells while still being a quality product.
p39027.jpg

http://www.eastwood.com/undercoating-gun-and2-hoses-bottle.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back