AMSOIL 0W20 SIGNATURE SERIES UOA @ 7,100 MILES

Status
Not open for further replies.
My recent used oil analysis on a 2010 Toyota Camry. This was my first oil change with Amsoil. I have been using Kendall Full Synthetic with Liquid Titanium (Note the Titanium level). Evidently the titanium does chemically bond to metal. I did not use a flush before changing over to Amsoil. I have only used either Kendall, Mobil 1 (1 Time) and BG HiLow30 once. Oil Change interval had 7,100 miles on oil.

ed36baaf-d2f5-45a8-853d-09c3bbd5f34c_zps6db8ab42.jpg

Yes when it was factory filled. I became an amsoil dealer in Fall 2012 so I switched to Amsoil

Yeah I think so. It's amsoils signature line but I think the way we drive (this oil was mainly over winter plus about 10 mile short trips daily) dropped the life out of this oil.

I used a purolator pure one on this change but on my current fill I have an amsoil 15k filter on it. The purolator looked pretty rough when I took it out.

Originally Posted By: rcbc96
Why would you suggest using the lighter?

Because even XLZ is still considerably heavier the the spec' TGMO 0W-20. At least you're getting closer to a more optimum viscosity.

I like the extra calcium and additives in the signature. I've never seen a fuel mileage change in any oil that I've had in it.

Last edited:
Why worry about the lighter viscosity of the xlz 0w20 then if fuel mileage is of no benefit?
The signature line shows good wear protection

I didn't say there wasn't a fuel economy benefit, just that with so many variables that affect mileage that's why you can't reliably measure a difference.
Secondly, the purpose of a UOA is to primarily determine the condition of the oil. The elemental metal numbers simply indicate a normal wear pattern.

I see. I am going to try the signature this time since I already changed it. Going to go to 10k and see how it looks again....then I may try the xl line.

With the xl line should I really change it every 6 months if I don't have 10k on the oil?

Originally Posted By: rcbc96

With the xl line should I really change it every 6 months if I don't have 10k on the oil?

No you can base the OCI on mileage only. A UOA will ultimately tell you how many miles you can rack up before the oil need be changed.

Do you think the XL line would hold up just as good if I'm doing at 10k interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back