ARX helps oil suspend contaminants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hacking around in the garage, I noticed my oil drain recepticle had a fair amount of sludge in the bottom. It was the one for my 2 quart system from the lawn trackter. The accumulation occured over 2 years/6 oil drains. Just for kicks, I thought that perhaps a little fresh oil and some agitation would dissolve it. No chance, dino nor synthetic. LC had very little impact on it either, staight, nor a working dose. HGowever, ARX in oil rather quickly dismantled it. I was quite suprised, thinking ARX was such a slow cleaner. I am impressed.

That's a very neat test you did.
Makes me want to buy some ARX to try my own experiments. Please do some more tests and let us know how they turn out. All I can give you in return is thanks though!

Personally, I think Frank's recommendation of a 2- or 3-ounce ARX maintenance dose (total, not per quart) is excellent.

Non-solvent based, the stuff just seems like really smart chemistry to me. I'm stuck with short oil change intervals for the next four years (5,000 miles each), so I don't have oil oxidation issues to worry about. Regardless, I want the engine to remain as clean as possible, with as many contaminants scavenged into the filter as I can get. ARX should be just the ticket for that, IMO.

I'm looking forward to my next UOA, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back