185/65R14 Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bourne
They havent yet. I did hate the old Signatures as well. The new ones however seem to be working well for a lot of our customers. One of them even commented that they rode quieter than the Comfortreds she had before! I wouldnt go that far but hey maybe .......

The Dunlop Signature's that came on my daughter's used Mazda3 were horid in terms of noise regardless of tire rotation. They still rode quite well over irregularities but, viberated on the hiwy even after balancing. They tracked through the snow quite will inspite of being at 1/2 tread or lower and they handled routine cornering without squeeling. They also had a nice BEEFY look to 'em which added to the vehicles overall appearance.

We replaced the Dunlop Signatures with Hankook Optimo H727(not an optimal tire for a Mazda3). But good for the driving style and climate. The Signature's may have a better ride over irregularities(used) that the H727's(new).

If it wasn't for the noise/viberations and poor reviews as the Signature's aged, we would have bought them again. Although, the H727's do go about their business without calling much attention to themselves.

I have always had a fondness for Dunlop tires as I have had many models that served me well. I still have a better track record with Dunlop as compeard to G/Y

Last edited:
Thats funny, considering Dunlops are produced in Goodyear owned factories. Early models did have some NVH issues. The redesign so far has been good. I have been desperately wanting to try some Dunlop Sport Signatures ( different tire ), I have a feeling this is another good sleeper tire. They did have sidewall cracking issues with these tires though.

Originally Posted By: bourne
Thats funny, considering Dunlops are produced in Goodyear owned factories. Early models did have some NVH issues. The redesign so far has been good. I have been desperately wanting to try some Dunlop Sport Signatures ( different tire ), I have a feeling this is another good sleeper tire. They did have sidewall cracking issues with these tires though.

Yes, I did hear that G/Y ownes Dunlop but, when I was first buying Dunlop, they were their own Co. I don't know when G/Y aquired Dunlop but, I still have better success with Dunlop compared to the G/Y's that I have owne over the years.

ATMOF, these Signature's may be the worst Dunlops(in terms of noise and slipping belts) that I have ever experienced. I have friends/family that have/had the same poor experience with the Signatures's as are the reviews online!

I'm not sure how much involvment G/Y has with Dunlop...G/Y may leave them alone to do their own thing as long as they show a profit...IDK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back