Tires for my Nissan Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discount Tire Direct has a $50 card and Cooper and Hankook have $50 cards basically knocking $100 off a set. I am looking at the Cooper CS4 and the Hankook H727. Size is 195 60 15 and both are T rated. This will put a set at my door for around $250.00

I am looking for good quiet ride as this car is a box on wheels. Any actual experience or recommendations between these 2.

Had h727 on 2 different cars. They were perfect. Much more quieter and comfy than previous old hankooks on Camry and Goodyear (comfort thread I think) with worn outsides on MB w140.
Used to drive CS 4s on 2010 Cooper S, they were on sporty side, not comfy.

Just went through this decision for my Mom's car - same tires, same size, same deal
smile.gif

Went with the H727 for the [hopefully] longer treadlife.

Some earlier reviews on BITOG of the CS4s mentioned problems balancing. But generally good reviews for both tires.

Her car is a commuter and the CS4s did review as slightly sportier, so that wasn't really needed. Made in USA would have been nice to go with if they were equal in specs [100k vs 80k is potentially 25% longer life].

Can't do bad with either tire, I imagine.

Either of these tires would work well.
The price is certainly right and either should be among the better cheap tires out there.
$250.00 for s set of tires of a recognized brand is quote reasonable.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Have you considered fuel efficient tires?

The price difference would never be made up in fuel savings compared to these two tires that are going for $100-110 off a set currently.

In your neck of the woods, it probably doen't matter, but the CS4 is HORRIBLE in snow.

Seems to do better in pretty much everything else, though.

I have the H725 on my Focus and I don't think they'll see 40K miles. Right now they are at about 20K and are past halfway.

DTD has added another $30 rebate for using their CC for 6 months free financing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back