Auto RX Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding Auto RX. As per some of my previous posts i have been anti "snake oil" additives, having been sucked in by Slick 50 years ago (BEFORE BITOG educated!).

It seems everyone is gung-ho on Auto RX...but my question is, does anyone have actual documentation that it cleans an engine internally? By documentation i mean, in the past there have been numerous threads where someone's relative/friend drove a "sludge monster" due to no oil changes/contaminated oil etc. Has anyone actually taken one of those cases and utilized Auto RX and taken before and after pictures?

Most of the comments border on the miracles that it performs. Yet i see no pictures, no real evidence that it is effective. People rattle on about reduced oil consumption, etc, but mostly this is undocumented or hear say evidence.

Anyone out there provide some documentation that it isnt "snake oil"?

darrell
sin city

Go check their site, which has a fair number of testimonials.

It's not a miracle worker, and will not fix bona fide mechanical problems. But if the problem involves dirt, deposits or sludge, it can be effective.

I for one will report success with it.

Better still, ask over on the additives forum.

That was an interesting test. Exactly the kind of information i expected to find. I find it amazing that the company hasnt purposely went out and purchased/offered the service free engines to show this difference.

I would to see more information, one test by no means in conclusive, but the results, from what we know/that is posted, is remarkable.

darrell
sin city

I think you could look at some of Terry's work with oil analysis to show very good results as well.

My '96 Volvo turbo 850 does run peppier and smoother after the Auto-Rx two-dose treatment. Looking down the oil filler at the camshaft does not show much more cleanliness...it was clean before and only slight varnish buildup on the cam lobes was removed. There is harmless brown staining in the pores of the cast aluminum, and that will remain. Oil consumptions has halved...from a quart per 2500 miles to a quart per 5000 miles. The engine has 130,000 miles on it.

Ken

I think if you check the ARX site and other places on this board, you will find more than enough pictures as proof, than you will ever need. The above link is from a man that was out to prove it is "snake oil", only to convince himself it really works as stated, as per his own pictures. Terry Dyson, speaks up for ARX and has plenty of test data, what more do you need, to know it just works???
If you are looking for a message from ***, that ain't happening!!!!!
twak.gif

there is no greater example of a snake oil skeptic than myself, and the ARX website design alone is enough to scare one away.

i am currently on my third treatment, my proof of ARX working is mostly just subjective observation in lieu of no more hesitation at WOT, 2mpg increase across the board, oil burn stains gone from the dipstick and underbelly of the oil cap, smoother operation, etc.

i am a convert, and a fan boy. even if it is snake oil placebo, i sure like the feeling!

Well, I guess I was the KING of arx skeptics having been banned from posting for a while (I was bkrell) b/c of my back and forth w/ Frank. Well, I kept up my treatments of arx regardless and it does work. Now, is it the absolute right thing for every situation? No. But the science is undeniable. Arx seems to have a good blend of esters (search for ester threads or posts MolaKule). It REALLY pulled a lot out when I used it with an HDEO.

LV, I never took pictures, but I did do a before & after compression test on my '91 Subaru. It's posted in this section of the forum. It was as objective as I could make it for a one-engine test. Perhaps that's some of what you're looking for(?)

NOW i am ******...cuz i dont have a sludge monster to try it out on!

I, and many others, in the days (daze) before BITOG, were sucking into the Slick 50/etc trap...WHY didnt i keep that 68 Impala with the 307 in it that drank 1 qt/100 miles? It would have been a great ARX guinea pig...As a wee lad of 16, i filled her full of STP and eventually traded it in on a Charger....

btw...i too went around and around with frank...after we grudgingly moved to neutral corners and her restored my posting privledges, i become a cash contributor...which reminds me, i am about due, if not past due, for another contribution.

I dont have to agree with him...but he is a fair man!

darrell
sin city

Yah know, everytime someone brings up that thread, I cringe. I mean, I am thrilled arx worked for that guy but geeesh. I think I would have had to gone to a mechanic unless I just didn't want the car anymore.

Remember, FRANK is the arx guy. Tony is the site owner. But I know what you are saying. Yeah, I missed adding my two cents! I'll probably go contribute as well! Which will look kinda funny from someone who has like 20 posts officially!

Anyway...you don't have to have a sludge monstor. I think if you ran arx you'd probably be surprised at how much crud comes out of a clean engine.

Periodic use of ARX will likely keep any motor from being a sludge monster, regardless of maintenance, or lack there of. Most people buy ARX, after the sludge moster has been created. For those who have been tardy in a few oil changes of late, now might be a good time. Sludge and internal deposits are like Carbon Monoxide, the silent killer.

Well, until they wear your timing chain and cause it to rattle! Yeah, preventive maintenace is the best kind. Why my wife doesn't understand that....

Hey Brian, nice to see you posting agian. If anyone cares to hear my two cents, again, I love it. My car feels like it has a new engine in it!

Thanks Skate! Yeah, well, if people had been patient, I probably wouldn't have ended up as BrianWC, lol. I've about done w/ my second rinse cycle. No dramatic valve cover pics or mileage increases (lol, I'm already above the EPA mileage anyway) but lots o' gunk in the filter. Mind you, not enough to have to change between oil changes, but....
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back