Auto-RX rinse phase with HD oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if it would be better to run an HD oil that has more detergents in it on the rinse phase to help removed more of the contaminents?

Good idea or not?

Maybe.....or maybe not. Frank mentioned Castrol GTX3 as a good choise in the rinse phase. Whatever dino will do well.

I use 10x30 Castrol non synthetic for cleaning and the rinse phase it worked great. I have continued to use no synthetic with 3oz of auto-Rx at each oil change as a maintenance program good luck.

As long as it's not a full synthetic, a blend, or high mileage oil, I'd think you'd be okay.

Are you doing just one Auto-Rx treatment?

No, my vehicle has 136,000 miles on it,

so i'm almost at the 1500 mile mark, then i need to run the 2000 mile rinse and then the 1000 mile 2nd application.

Any dino oil suitable for your engine will work fine. I don't think anyone has noticed any advantage using a diesel engine oil.

Ken

I have. I had more crud in the filter off my 2nd clean phase than I did in my first clean or rinse. That's just me though.

I don't know if there is any advatage in using HD oil for the rinse phase but that is what I used when I rx-ed my car a few months ago. Using it gave me peace of mind.

My plan is i am going to use ST oil with maxlife oil treatment for the rinse phase..., not the synpower though.

My first clean cycle I had M1 5W30 EP. Then for the rinse I went Supertech 5W30 dino. For my second clean, I went Castrol tection extra for clean and rinse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back