1995 K2500 oil cooler line seals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings.

I have a motor oil leak in my -95 K2500 6.5d after the oil cooler lines were changed - the mechanic apparently did not bother to change the seals and it leaks now considerably.

I have unfortunately zero literature available and I'm at mercy of the Net but this is the situation:

my oil cooler is of the type which has threaded "joints" for the lines ie. not quick couplings. Are there O-rings between cooler and lines or flat seals?

AC Delco's site gives with my VIN a seal 463015 and elsewhere I get 14055585. Is this perhaps correct info?

orings.jpg

There's also a possibility - cannot say how possible - that the cooler itself is toast. But would it leak considerable ie. a coffee cup in one hour?

Rockauto lists two oil cooler numbers for a -95 ie. AC Delco 15158525 and 15557751. No other differences than the connector nut size 32.0 vs. 25.4 mm?

31qylZSLXkL.jpg

They have o-rings, and the connector is supposed to swivel slightly when attached. I replaced a seeping cooler line with a Dorman on the '93 GMC C3500 (6.2 diesel), it came with the o-rings, went on with no trouble.

Thanks. Need to take things apart and see if the O-rings are OK or if the cooler itself is leaking.

I understand the hoses are common source for leaks but do the oil coolers go often?

Right.

I can confirm that the leak is caused by O-ring. The driver side threaded female connector has first two or three threads stripped and the nut on the hose/pipe will not tighten the O-ring so I reckon I will need to get another oil cooler.

The threaded female connectors on my oil cooler have 1" across the flats. The thread size is completely unknown for me, can anyone of you tell me what it is? Pipe seems to be about 13 mm. I need to get a better temporary solution as it will take couple of weeks before I get another cooler.

p1010221fy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back