2010 Audi Q7 TDI 7,700 mi Amsoil Euro 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bodensee
Originally Posted By: ccdhowell
The only fuel add is the occasional bottle of injector cleaner. I am sort of afraid to treat the fuel too much for fear of endangering the DPF. I suppose if my UOA doesn't improve with the shorter run on factory fill oil, I'll consider running a more robust oil; you have any mid-SAPS recommendations?

I would ask Audi senior chap if they have a recommended fuel additive. You can cause lots of trouble long term if you use the wrong fuel add. Might be fuel guru on Audi forum to ask. VW have approved fuel adds, so I guess Audi do.

My own opinion is that in the US I would use a Mobil oil if out of warranty, in the EU I would use a Castrol one and in Germany a Liqui Moly one. Forget the small players, although some Shell oils are OK. I always use an oil that is listed for exact engine type by one of those three big multi nationals (Unless testing with old engine or some kind of UOA verified oil problem) in their oil finder site, BUT VW and Audi have their own list which is worth checking (Look to see what same engine without DPF used). It's your call what to do about DPF fouling long term, but if figures don't improve, then I would try Mobil turbo diesel oil (Looking for around 1000 ppm Zn), before trying an HDEO like Delvac, as the latter will foul DPF faster.
I would stick to a 5/30 until 100K miles, then think about 5/40 if UOA show any Pb increase or oil consumption increases. OP's present UOA would not be improved by heavier oil, as it is top wear. I would guess engine fully run in, but could be wrong, if you drive like old aunt on long highway trips it can take 100K km to fully run in some engines. If your wife dances on the pedals, then block was run in already.

Are you really sure garage changed oil filter, as bad thought crosses my brain cell, that they wanted to save time and a few bob by just giving it a wipe so it looks clean?? Seen similar poor result from that problem.

Yep. It's skyship. Already suggesting liqui-moly and emailing some "chaps".
So skyship did you think you'd get discovered this quickly or did you figure we would not notice.
Anyways just to put it out there I won't be ripping on your posts like last time. It went too far and got in the way of actual progressive discussions,so consider the hatchet buried.
Sorry for the thread jack

I don't normally reply to trollers, but this CLEVER man from additives section seems only to attack other posters, almost 10 anti various posters in row.
On the block list!!
The additives section is infected with salesmen for various snake oils, so I don't go there anymore. They all busy selling something, taking pictures of normal varnish and trying to convince each other one oil better than other when they have no real data. Should all be in comedy section!

I've obviously never been a fan of 507.00 oils. I think any good CJ-4 oil should do well in this engine. I like the LE I have in there now, but the Rotella CJ-4 seems to have good results on the TDIForum.

I have always used additives for cleaning and soot control. I currently use Renewable Lubricants Bio-Power or LE's BTU+ 2420. Sometimes a cocktail of the two. I have also used LCD's FP 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back