Another nail in the AR15 Coffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shooting this afternoon in Terminal B of the Bush Airport, Houston, involved an AR15....guy fired in the air, a Federal Marshall fired at him and missed, and the guy then shot himself in the head.

No doubt the calls for banning AR15's will be rampant this evening.

It's a shame the guy decided to do himself in that way and he inconvenienced a whole lot of people since they shut down ground traffic. He should have done it in private if his mind was made up. The day before the NRA meeting in Houston too....guess he was trying to make a statement?

Last edited:
I actually have a friend who is/was flying out of Terminal B this afternoon....said it scared her to death (no doubt!). Text messaging is useless now though so I haven't heard any more. Everything is on lockdown now so they can sort out exactly what occured.

I feel no sympothy for the guy though....as I said, that is a very private decision and no need to share it with others but his death will certainly start a storm now.

I just love how one of the "tweeters" stated "multiple" shots fired like there was a shootout.

I have no issues with what the guy did except WHERE he did it.....that's just not something you should share. If you think you're better off that way then by all means, see for yourself but no reason to think others should ever see it.....it's bad enough that the police and coroners have to see it. I've never understood the people that do it and allow their families to find them...disgusting and terrible to force them to witness a scene that will never be forgotten.

Last edited:
After all is said and done it will be shown that this is another pathetic excuse for a Human Being.

All these shooters are glorified in the News.
All of them should be publicly humiliated and held up as examples of what it is to be PATHETIC.

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
After all is said and done it will be shown that this is another pathetic excuse for a Human Being.

All these shooters are glorified in the News.
All of them should be publicly humiliated and held up as examples of what it is to be PATHETIC.

absolutely. But that's not how our media works these days.

Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
I actually have a friend who is/was flying out of Terminal B this afternoon....said it scared her to death (no doubt!).

I heard about it first from my g/f who's passing through there with two friends today! They had just cleared that security point by a couple mins before it happened.

Luckily, there are no victims! He got the right guy.

Yes....luckily his aim was true. Our friend is scared to death of guns and is even more afraid to fly....she was a basket case when I was texting back and forth but communications were very busy and texts stopped going through.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Gabrielle Giffords is probably headed there and will make an anti gun speech and how guns are very bad.

I think she's earned the right to do so, don't you?

In before the lock.

We shouldn't glorify these yahoos. It only gets them the attention they are craving. Don't even use their names in the news.

Originally Posted By: sciphi

We shouldn't glorify these yahoos. It only gets them the attention they are craving. Don't even use their names in the news.

Did the guy have a 30 shot clip....If not he could have stopped himself when it was time to reload after he shot himself in the head 10 times.
28.gif

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Gabrielle Giffords is probably headed there and will make an anti gun speech and how guns are very bad.

Ditto!

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

I think the word "earn" is really insensitive and inappropriate in this instance. Mrs. Giffords is a victim of a deranged person with a firearm. This does not make her an "expert" in deranged psychotics or gun violence. Just a victim of both. So to say she has earned being so thrusts upon her an inappropriate title and the expectations of knowledge that she simply does not possess. Very insensitive really.

Last edited:
Blue suicide.

The fact that he used an AR-15 will, of course, be taken as a sign that the AR-15 should be banned, when in fact, he could have committed this heinous act with anything capable of firing 2 shots...

Using the police to end your life by threatening others is one of the most despicable acts that I can imagine...but the press will focus on the weapon choice, not the decision to use the police that way, they'll avoid discussion of the sickness that lead to this act.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Blue suicide.

What does color have to due with it?

Everything....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop

In this type of suicide, a person intentionally engages in life-threatening behavior to induce a police officer to shoot that person. His/her goal is to provoke the law enforcement officer to a lethal response. This is distinguished from other police shootings by three elements

The person should show an intention to die.
The person understands the finality of the act
Confronts a law-enforcement official with such extreme behavior that the officer is compelled to act with deadly force.
This term is primarily used in the United States media. It is also referred to as death by cop, suicide by cop, suicide-by-police, blue suicide and victim-precipitated homicide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back