Surf City Garage Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surf City has a few decent products, but most of them seem to be way over priced for the performance you get out of them. That leather rejuvenation does look interesting, but most of the cars I detail, including my own, have protected leather so all the leather rejuvenation and conditioning products do nothing for the leather, except leave a nice layer for dirt to stick to.

I have the Surf City Paste wax and their spray detailer and spray wax, the waxes leave the paint slick and glowing, really like the spray detailer, as for the leather rejuvenetor, really didn't notice any difference from the Mequiars gold class leather wipes that I use on my leather seats in my 08 Malibu LTZ, i'll finish the bottle of rejuvenator that I have and stick with the Meguiars leather wipes
cheers3.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It your average run of the mill leather conditioner. It kind of reminds me of the Turtle Wax leather conditioner that I used a few years back. What I like about it is the scent it leaves the first few days. It almost smells like real leather. But, I don't know if I would pay full price for it because it's nothing special.

I think for a store bought product, Lexol conditions better.

You guys can try a bottle of their Speed Demon Detailer on them....all you have to do is go buy it at Walmart and take a picture of you infront of their shelf space and take a pic of the receipt...and email it to them and you will get a check in the mail for the price you paid. You will also get a free tee shirt too for joining their Speed Demon club...its all free. I did it for the free shirt and free bottle of detailer wax to try out....

Always been a Meguiar's guy here.

I went for it and bought it. So far I LOVE the stuff! First impressions so far:

Smells great,leathery smell.
Makes leather REALLY soft.
Doesn`t wipe off on your clothes.
Doesn`t turn the leather white and ashey.
Really seems to lubricate.
Softens wrinkles and creases and makes them seem to disappear.
You don`t stick to the seats.

I gave Lexol another chance recently and didn`t like it. Makes the leather feel like maple syrup was poured all over it. Seemed to dry out the leather,and after a few days it made it white and ashey.

Only thing I like about Lexol is that it smells really good.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I gave Lexol another chance recently and didn`t like it. Makes the leather feel like maple syrup was poured all over it. Seemed to dry out the leather,and after a few days it made it white and ashey.

Only thing I like about Lexol is that it smells really good.

If you buff really well after you apply it, it doesn't feel sticky. And using a damp detailing sponge cuts down on how much you end up using and that prevents an excess amount being applied which helps when it comes time to buff it out. I put Lexol on uncoated leather (ie. my wallet) and it makes it really supple.

The problem with most applications is that you have to first figure out what type of leather you have, as asiancivicmaniac pointed out Lexol has good results on his leather wallet which is most likely is bare natural leather. Leather in most late model cars is protected with a synthetic coating so traditional leather treatments or most of the off the shelf products won't work with good results or long term cleaning protection.

You either have pigment coated leather, aniline style leather, laminated leather , suede, nubuck, etc. I use a product called lazy leather from the UK I got from a friend that owns a detailing company but that only works with pigment coated leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back