Condenser replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I need to replace my ac condenser in my 01 sentra se.

Do I need to top up some ac compressor oil when I replce the condenser?

Factory manual says total oil in system is 6oz. Compressor replacement is 6oz oil. Doesn't show how much I should add for condenser replacement.
Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Sawdusted
Guys, I need to replace my ac condenser in my 01 sentra se.

Do I need to top up some ac compressor oil when I replce the condenser?

Factory manual says total oil in system is 6oz. Compressor replacement is 6oz oil. Doesn't show how much I should add for condenser replacement.
Thanks.

Do you have the skill and tools to evacuate the system, and then add the proper amount (in pounds) back to the system?

On cars, general rule of thumb is 1-2 oz of oil for a condenser or evap core. Most precise way is to drain the component and measure the oil drained out and add an addl oz to the total, but that can often be imprecise as well.

AC systems with an accumulator vs a receiver/dryer are more tolerent of excess oil.

Originally Posted By: cat843

Do you have the skill and tools to evacuate the system, and then add the proper amount (in pounds) back to the system?

Yes I do ave the tools. Gauges and vacuum. I have a 16oz bottle of r134a (no oil) which is the correct charge I need if I empty the bottle,
I believe my system is receiver/dryer and not accumulator. I think I may just add in 1 oz of oil and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back