fog lights or better

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.andysautosport.com/auto_parts/buick_lesabre.html This my main ride,now stop laughing, yep, its an old dudes ride, but I need to or want to add some extra lighting (front end) to see better at night using a switch inside the car to turn them on when I want to..anyone got pics, model numbers of a selection to add on to this 2005 buick. I guess the term I need to use is auxiliary...lighting.

HIR bulbs are just the ticket for your LeSabre. HIR2's for the low beams, and HIR1's for the high beams. The low beams will be as bright as high beams while not blinding other drivers, and the high beams will be throwing light 1/2 mile down the road. I had a full set in my 1999 LeSabre, and that was some of the best money I spent on that car.

I am too old to laugh at anyones car (check my sig anyway
smile.gif
)

I have never really seen fog lights that add that much to visibility. I would look on forums for your car with factory upgrades. There is so much out there now that I do not even try to keep up. But I am sure some whippersnapper will have good advice for you.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
HIR bulbs are just the ticket for your LeSabre. HIR2's for the low beams, and HIR1's for the high beams. The low beams will be as bright as high beams while not blinding other drivers, and the high beams will be throwing light 1/2 mile down the road. I had a full set in my 1999 LeSabre, and that was some of the best money I spent on that car.

sounds good, ty

+1

HIRs will fit. Once you put them in, you'll wonder why you hadn't sooner.

As another poster said almost all factory fog/driving lights are sad toys...and the lions share of the after market are a joke. The good ones will cost you a fair bit.

I wouldn't say its an old man's car...well maybe it is...but for me it fit the bill just right, gets excellent fuel economy for its size, holds six people, legendary engine reliability and longevity, low tech and fairly powerful.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
I am too old to laugh at anyones car (check my sig anyway
smile.gif
)

I have never really seen fog lights that add that much to visibility. I would look on forums for your car with factory upgrades. There is so much out there now that I do not even try to keep up. But I am sure some whippersnapper will have good advice for you.

Hidden in the garage is a 99 tracer, we only drive it at nite,lol.

Last edited:
I enjoyed my LeSabre. I sort of wish I still had it. That was a great car for eating up the miles in comfort. The HIR headlight bulbs made nighttime driving pleasant thanks to fitting right into the stock headlights, and putting out lots of light.

ditto on HIR's. as long as the oem housings are in good shape-- clear lens and clean reflectors... otherwise you'll be basically puking out uncontrolled light-- which won't help you see much. But yes, if the stock optics are good then this is a worthwhile upgrade that is not carp.

Putting in HIR's into headlights that produces a garbage pattern won't miraculously make the pattern any better.

For fogs: Hella Micro DE
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=813

Retro in a set of projector assemblies into the 05 lights (get new ones, with the nice new lens). A Mini-H1 from www.theretrofitsource.com will put out a nice beam pattern.

HIRs may not be appropriate here. This generation of Buick Lesabre does not have a full bulb shield in front of the low beam bulb, and the nearly non-existant glare coating on the tip of an HIR2 may create too much glare. This definitely applies to the earlier generation HIR2 bulbs, with the very tiny tip and ballooned center. A current generation bulb with a cylindrical bulb envelope may have a full glare coating on the tip, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back