Which one of these lawnmowers would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: pbm
Two years ago I purchased a new Husqvarna HU 700L mower with the Honda GV160....For the second season in a row I'm having a hard time getting it to run despite properly storing it last season.
I never had this problem with my old B&S.

How are you storing it? Honestly, I had more trouble with small engines when I tried to store them "right". But for the past 10 years, I simply leave treated/stabilized fuel in them year-round, keep them topped-up at all times, and that's how they live. The fuel hoses on both of mine are still soft and supple (and original) and they both start with one rip of the rope. I've never cleaned the carburetor on either.

I think storing them dry actually promotes varnish in the system, because you can never get ALL of the fuel out. Storing them wet has certainly worked best for me.

This is how I've been doing it for the past three years now and have never had a problem either. Even my string trimmer started up on the first pull this past weekend after sitting since this past fall, all I did was add stabil to the fuel of all my stuff, run everything for about 5mins., shut them off, pull the plugs, fog the cylinders, and put the plugs back in.

I'll admit that I don't even pull plugs to fog cylinders. I don't pull on the rope to turn the engine over to TDC to close the valves or 2-stroke ports either. The equipment doesn't seem to care one way or the other.

I probably SHOULD, as it does stay relatively humid here.

I run it out of fuel and store it indoors.
My old B&S always started right up even when it was 14 years old....I like the primer bulb type system better.

My Honda is starting and then cutting out in a few seconds...What do you think the problem is??

My Honda is starting and then cutting out in a few seconds...What do you think the problem is??

I imagine that it's fuel-related, but it must be getting fuel for it to start (since there is no primer bulb). It may be best to start a new thread specific to this to avoid going too far off-topic in this one.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

I imagine that it's fuel-related, but it must be getting fuel for it to start (since there is no primer bulb). It may be best to start a new thread specific to this to avoid going too far off-topic in this one.

Your right...thanks

PS: Obviously I'd recommend B&S over Honda from my own experience (years of trouble free Briggs ownership with several different units...vs.... trouble with my very first Honda unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back