where to find a date code on a duralast battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what the title says. The battery in question passes load test and a multimeter test but looks on the older side. My honda has flickering lights kinda intermittent and only last 8 mins tops from first started.
Figured knowing the age of the battery would be good. Thanks guys!

Originally Posted By: Chris142
The date code is a sticker on the side. I believe its only good with the original purchaser

Yep can be something like A-8(Jan '08) or sometimes they have a actual month & year...

Originally Posted By: ram_man
My honda has flickering lights kinda intermittent and only last 8 mins tops from first started.

Your battery only last eight minutes? Eight minutes engine running or eight minutes with the headlights on? Sounds like you need a new/rebuilt alternator to me.

My battery says 8m so that would be December 08 right and it was sold 2/09
So even thought its charging ok and starts fine would you replace it given the slight light flicker thing.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: ram_man
My honda has flickering lights kinda intermittent and only last 8 mins tops from first started.

Your battery only last eight minutes? Eight minutes engine running or eight minutes with the headlights on? Sounds like you need a new/rebuilt alternator to me.

Stupid auto correct lol. The light flickering issue lasts about 8mins and then fades away and works properly. When first started the lights are a little dimmer than normal to. The alternators output is practically perfect though.

The alternator battery and everything in between has been checked. About a week ago in a drive through I notice my belt was squeaking. Gave it gas and it louder until it stopped then let off the throttle and it would squeak at idle. The belts are new and are tightened properly. Nothing looked to have contaminated the belt either and it hasn't done it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back