Hitting hammer on bushing bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's what's look like. So I need to take out bushing and clean the grease where I apply the grease outside the bushing? I never put grease inside the bushing where there goes metal tube inside the bushing.

So do I need to put grease inside the bushing where's make contact with metal tube? When I asked the vendor he told me that these bushing don't need grease at all he told me no grease.

Please tell me what should I do.

its late now(and I wouldnt) but in the future starting your own post might be a better idea than piggybacking it onto someones general post.

What you talking about. I just needed help because someone didnt do great job, so now I'm trying to make it and I'm going to do this job when I take them out.

Originally Posted By: Rohan
Yes that's what's look like. So I need to take out bushing and clean the grease where I apply the grease outside the bushing? I never put grease inside the bushing where there goes metal tube inside the bushing.

So do I need to put grease inside the bushing where's make contact with metal tube? When I asked the vendor he told me that these bushing don't need grease at all he told me no grease.

Please tell me what should I do.

This kind of bushing is impregnated with a dry lube, either graphite or moly i don't remember exactly.
Nothing to worry about and no need to disassemble, any grease will weather off quickly and will not soften or damage the bushings.

You could spray them with with some engine degreaser, purple power or simple green if you want, it wont harm the bushings.
This is tough material and is resistant to almost any normal chemicals, oils and greases.
It may take a few miles for the self lubricating properties to have maximum effect.
Drive it a while.

I can't spray nothing back there because it so tight in there and I can't see nothing inside the bushing. I'm going to shop Monday and shop told me that they will let me used there tool to take out the bushing. So I just clean the bushing and control arm surface then put it back in. Correct? Do I need to grease inside the bushing diameter and grease metal tube before I slide them into bushing?

I drove 1500 miles already.

Yes just clean the grease off and put them back. I wouldn't use any grease at all on these, you could use a little never seize on the bolt if corrosion is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back