The latest additions to our family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sounds like lousy 38Special ammo. I do this all the time in my revolvers with no problem - I have Colts and Rugers. Shopping for that special S&W. Anyway, it's actually good flinch training between a powder puff load 38Special and a full power 357Mag flame thrower load. I love shooting 38Special. The only drawback of shooting 38 in a 357Mag gun are the crust rings in the cylinder. Just extra soaking and brushing takes care of it.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: san123chez
"We also learned an important lesson. Don't mix .38 with .357 in the cylinder. Her and I were shooting the rounds in descending order to compare them. Well, by the time I got to the .38 round, it was a no go. Both the bullet and primer had been knocked loose and was jamming the cylinder!"

I've never heard of that before. Is it common, or just a one time fluke? I can't imagine .38 primers and bullets are constructed much differently than .357. Just curious, and congrats on the new purchases!

If I remember correctly, I think Ruger talks about this in the LRC owner's manual. That is to check to make sure the ammo you use can take the shock, and if not then find some that will.

You're right, they do mention it in their manual.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Just sounds like lousy 38Special ammo. I do this all the time in my revolvers with no problem - I have Colts and Rugers. Shopping for that special S&W. Anyway, it's actually good flinch training between a powder puff load 38Special and a full power 357Mag flame thrower load. I love shooting 38Special. The only drawback of shooting 38 in a 357Mag gun are the crust rings in the cylinder. Just extra soaking and brushing takes care of it.

Could well be. I hope to find out if the Blazer Aluminum cased .357 shakes loose this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back