Zymol cleaner wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
thoughts? picked up a bottle at walmart, saw someone ditched it and didnt look like they are gona carry it anymore.
had my eye on it for sometime. I know its not collinite..but it smells good and frankly im just interested in trying it! any experiences with it?

Zyrtle Wax

It is a Zymol formula manufactured by Turtle Wax.

It stains trim and seems to attract pollen....and bees! I think bees like the way it smells too.

It will dust like crazy if you do not follow the instructions:
For best results, remove all excess wax before it dries by buffing lightly with a clean, dry, soft cotton cloth.

Following the "For maximum gloss and shine, lightly spray cool, clean water onto freshly waxed finish and buff with a soft, clean cloth. A light spray of water will set and level the natural ingredients for a more brilliant, even shine." suggestion seems to minimize the pollen attraction.

Yeah it hides swirls quite well but it makes a dusty mess and stains trim. For similar results and an easier to apply wax I use Meguiars NXT paste wax. Just as good at hiding swirls and far less trim staining.

Either way both are not very long lasting, but they do look great. Way better than a pure wax like Collinite, but Collinite lasts much longer.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
thoughts? picked up a bottle at walmart, saw someone ditched it and didnt look like they are gona carry it anymore.
had my eye on it for sometime. I know its not collinite..but it smells good and frankly im just interested in trying it! any experiences with it?

I always loved it though I never though of it as a hard wax. Makes a nice (maybe short) shine.
For me it was never hard to get off like some

Try one of the Duragloss sealants. Either #101 my favorite or #105 which many others on here like. Zero dusting and doesn't stain trim and is durable. All for around $12.

Not that good. You are better off using something like Nufinish for a good OTC sealant. If you are looking to do some polishing you can use swirlx or ultimate compound from Meguiars then apply Nufinish.

Zymol is decent as an OTC but there are much better OTC products and even better products online. I would skip it

Unless they've changed the formula over the past 5+ years, I;'d return it. Like others have said, it does smell good enough to eat/drink, it does clean fairly well, and it looks ok for awhile. However, it's shortcomings outweigh any positives. It dusts terribly, stains trim, and is horrible to remove.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Like others have said, it does smell good enough to eat/drink,
Last time I drank a bottle of it, I repelled water in the shower for weeks
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Like others have said, it does smell good enough to eat/drink,
Last time I drank a bottle of it, I repelled water in the shower for weeks
lol.gif

LOL

Unless they've changed the formula over the past 5+ years, I;'d return it. Like others have said, it does smell good enough to eat/drink, it does clean fairly well, and it looks ok for awhile. However, it's shortcomings outweigh any positives. It dusts terribly, stains trim, and is horrible to remove.

Meh for 11 bucks im going to use it anyways. I will post my results with it. I have used Nufinish before and I know that stains trim like crazy. Thanks for the input though!

Bought a bottle used it one car looked great after (black car) but it dusts like no otherso its a pain to remove but it does leave the paint looking good.

Originally Posted By: Spyderman24_7
Picked up a bottle of it at the local WalMart as they have it marked down to $6 per bottle.

I thought you didn't shop at WalMart
whistle.gif

WM is also a prime example of how to steamroll smaller stores and not give a [censored] how their progress affects everyone around them. I know money is tight for many of us, but I still make every effort to patronize smaller locally owned/operated businesses. Anything to keep a dollar out of the hands of greedy [censored] such as WM, Lowes, etc.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Picked up a bottle of it at the local WalMart as they have it marked down to $6 per bottle.

I thought you didn't shop at WalMart
whistle.gif

WM is also a prime example of how to steamroll smaller stores and not give a [censored] how their progress affects everyone around them. I know money is tight for many of us, but I still make every effort to patronize smaller locally owned/operated businesses. Anything to keep a dollar out of the hands of greedy [censored] such as WM, Lowes, etc.

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back