Ruger LC-9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a Ruger LC9 at one of my LGS. Excellent cc hand gun, now to just find some ammo. I really like the SR series from Ruger too.

I have an LC9 too.....bought it as as LW carry 9. I'm still working on my reliability quota (since ammo is tough to replace right now) but anticipate carrying it fulltime in another couple of weeks. So far, 300 rounds without issue.

The SR's looks good to me but I don't own any.....as a matter of fact, the only striker-fired pistols I own are a G-27 and PM-45...everything else has a hammer.

I bought an LC9 a couple of weeks ago. I've got 300 rounds through it without much drama. The last round of the first magazine jammed on eject. It caught just right and the slide wouldn't go forward or backward. I had to pry the case out with my pocket knife. All the rest of the rounds have done just fine.

It's pretty accurate, though the long trigger pull takes some getting used to. Easy to manage the recoil. Easy to clean.

I have an IWB and a DeSantis Nemesis for carry. It's a tad big for pocket carry, but a breeze for IWB at 3 to 4 o'clock carry.

Our local shooting range has ammo for sale if you're shooting there, but none for takeaway. I don't think they're watching close enough to where I can't buy three boxes and only shoot two...

I started buying 9mm anywhere I could find it for the last four months or so since I figured I'd be buying something in 9mm anyway. I have about 600rds saved up now.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Just bought a Ruger LC9 at one of my LGS. Excellent cc hand gun, now to just find some ammo. I really like the SR series from Ruger too.

Nice gun just make sure you put 100 or so rounds of your self defense ammo through it and more practice ammo before you depend on it. Not easy to do if you dont already have the ammo.

OT a little: With all the new gun owners and no ammo I realy cringe at the number of people carrying guns that have not put the gun through enough of a test. Every gun needs to be broken in and tested for reliability IMO

The Ruger LC9 reminds me of the Kel-Tec PF9 and appears to be mostly a copy.

Ruger did add some safety features that I don't care for. Mag disconnect, thumb safety, and the loaded chamber indicator.

I discovered a wandering front sight on my LC9 yesterday. Loose enough to push back and forth with my fingers.

Blue locktite fixed it well enough.

Sure does look like an existing issue. Google finished the search for me before I got to the end.

I may have to send that in, as soon as I get my Glock back from the factory.

Looks like the rush is making everyone put out AMF Harleys...

I've had my LC9 only a few weeks. Shot 100 through it with zero problems. I want to put another 200 or so just to be sure. Seems like a nicely made gun, and was spot-on accurate @ 5yds.
I've had an SR40c for over a year. Probably 700+ rounds through it. Runs like a machine!! Very, very accurate! The only issues it ever had were solely due to my getting used to the reloading press. Once I did, it ran 250 on one trip to the range w/o a hiccup. The only possible knock is that it seems a bit big for CC.
In general, Ruger makes high quality guns for competitive prices. Not a giveaway, but not out of reach for a working person. I can't speak to the factory service, because nothing I bought ever had to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back