Kendall GT-1 Semi Synthetic w. Titanium 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My oil analysis came back from Polaris http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2693934#Post2693934 indicating that the result did not match the above named oil so I sent in a sample for VOA
Code:

Iron 0

Chromium 0

Nickel 0

Aluminum 0

Copper 0

Lead 0

Tin 0

Cadmium 0

Silver 0

Vanadium 0

Silicon 5

Sodium 4

Potassium 0

Titanium 110

Molybdenum 77

Antimony 0

Manganese 0

Lithium 0

Boron 205

Magnesium 3

Calcium 2495

Barium 0

Phosphorous 732

Zinc 798

Visc 100ccSt8.3

Looking at this as new lube reference I'm even happier with the UOA result.

Last edited:
Strong showing on paper, with UOA's to back it up. Wish it wasn't scarce as hen's teeth around here.

The calcium reading seems to be a bit higher in the synblend than the full syn. Either lab error, the synblend has more, or the changed the formula. Interesting.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Strong showing on paper, with UOA's to back it up. Wish it wasn't scarce as hen's teeth around here.

Are you anywhere near a ConocoPhillips distributor? I buy Kendall GT-1 5W20 syn blend at $44.40/case FOB.

Try Kampoil.com They're a distributor and have an excellent inventory.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
O'Reilly Auto Parts carries it.

Not in my neck of the woods. Autozone has it here, but it's certainly not jumping off the shelves at over $4 a quart, plus they have have sales on it.

It's at Rural King, a local farm store in this region for $2.79 per quart. If my car didn't require an ACEA A3 rated oil, this would be my pick.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
in my area orielly's and autozone have it. its $4.99 a quart, which is very reasonable for a high quality full synthetic. if i wasn't an Amsoil dealer id be using this in my Ram.

It's rare to find the full syn in a store, those two places only carry the synblend afaik.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
in my area orielly's and autozone have it. its $4.99 a quart, which is very reasonable for a high quality full synthetic. if i wasn't an Amsoil dealer id be using this in my Ram.

It's rare to find the full syn in a store, those two places only carry the synblend afaik.

here in indiana we have both the blend with titanium as well as the full synthetic with titanium. im positive we do at orielly's as i was browsing their oil section the other day. the blend is $3.99 a quart and the full synthetic is $4.99 per quart. a decent deal really.

Last edited:
Saw that, thanks. Thought I'd blow a few $ on a voa, since I've got 24qts. B_S will have my sample Tues. I'll probably do a uoa to follow up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back