Pennzoil Platinum SN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOA wont show much on SN PCMO. Not a way to pick the oil. IME, QSUD 0w20 out performs PP and m1 in our current fleet of two (Mileage, usage, cost/mile, engine performance).

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
VOA wont show much on SN PCMO. Not a way to pick the oil. IME, QSUD 0w20 out performs PP and m1 in our current fleet of two (Mileage, usage, cost/mile, engine performance).

i would love to pick up some QS 0w20, but unfortunately walmart only seems to carry PP and M1 in 0w grades
frown.gif

I contacted Shell (Pennzoil and Quaker State) late last week and the guy on the line, Wayne is his name, who I have talked to before said:

"according to my lab technicians and one developmental scientist, remember they are just leaving now for the day, Pennzoil Platinum and Quaker State Ultimate Durability have a TBN of between 8 and 9."

So I said to him that I would prefer an exact number so I can find the best possible product for my vehicles. So he replied:

"why would you even care about the TBN, that only matters for diesel applications! You can always check out the website at www.epc.shell.com:

So, I told him that the information that I am requesting is not available online, and proceeded to let him know that I will be continuing to use Valvoline SynPower as Valvoline is not afraid to public release all of their data and information in a TDS.

So, if you are trying to find the information out from Shell, good luck, as even their "developmental scientist" doesn't even know for certain - just a general broad range between 8 and 9.

I'm not entirely sure that PP (SN) and QSUD (SN) aren't the exact same oils in different bottles. VOAs look basically identical within the normal margin of error.

Quote:
"according to my lab technicians and one developmental scientist, remember they are just leaving now for the day, Pennzoil Platinum and Quaker State Ultimate Durability have a TBN of between 8 and 9."

So I said to him that I would prefer an exact number so I can find the best possible product for my vehicles. So he replied:

"why would you even care about the TBN, that only matters for diesel applications! You can always check out the website at www.epc.shell.com:

So, I told him that the information that I am requesting is not available online, and proceeded to let him know that I will be continuing to use Valvoline SynPower as Valvoline is not afraid to public release all of their data and information in a TDS.

So, if you are trying to find the information out from Shell, good luck, as even their "developmental scientist" doesn't even know for certain - just a general broad range between 8 and 9.

There are variations in TBN because of slight variations in blending. A variation of 1 in TBN is not going to matter much.

Take the average as 8.5, no big deal.

And they were leaving for the day.

Oil companies do not release all their data.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Wow...Lucas Oil really looks like lamesauce compared to the competition. Especially on the TBN.

Because it is.
I like what Lucas does for Motorsports and very glad that someone is buying their sub premium(but costs premium) products and helping finance these Motorsport events however they aren't getting anything from me.
This site has saved me from Lucas,and most every other snake oil out there. Hooray for lubro-moly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back