Ford Ecoboost 1.0 has oil-lubricated timing belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is? Change intervals same? Cost more to change? Those are the important questions. I like timing chains.. No changing necessary..i like!!

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Question is? Change intervals same? Cost more to change? Those are the important questions. I like timing chains.. No changing necessary..i like!!
+1

I always thought that say 100,000 miles or so would be time to change a chain. As everthing does wear and tensioners stop doing their work. Ok some engines do 200k or more!

Interesting article about the change in glass reinforcement. That probably explains why my 89 Accord took TB durability from 60K to 90K miles in the late 80's.

Originally Posted By: EddieCairns
I always thought that say 100,000 miles or so would be time to change a chain. As everthing does wear and tensioners stop doing their work. Ok some engines do 200k or more!

My Ford 4.6 had a very long chain and was still quite at 218K. Many 4.6 engines have well over 300-400K with no chain problems.

Originally Posted By: EddieCairns
I always thought that say 100,000 miles or so would be time to change a chain. As everthing does wear and tensioners stop doing their work.

That was in the 60's and 70's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back