Anyone own an HK45?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I handled a USP some years ago in 9MM and I thought it was a well built (perhaps even overbuilt). Lately, I have been thinking about a .45ACP (the FN FNX45 is nice for the price), but was curious about the HK45.

What say you? What is good, bad, indifferent?

i have one, i enjoy shooting it but only carry it in the winter as its so big. not only a large framed weapon but its thick. Honestly if im going to carry big i prefer my Springfield 1911 with a blackhawk paddle holster

i should add the HK has been a trouble free straight shooting great weapon, other than the fact that there so expensive nowadays i highly recomend them. Ive never had a single jam. I prefer it over the Glock, but again when it comes to large framed weapons.. ive pretty much become a 1911 fan.

Last edited:
I have a full size USP in 45 auto. It's a very nice gun. They're a nice looking gun - mine is a two tone with a desert tan frame.

They are nice shooters; they claim to have some kind of recoil reduction system, but to me it feels about like any other poly 45. They are easy to take down to clean.

They have a funky, non standard, rail so if you want to add tacticool stuff ( I don't ) you need an adapter that is readily available.

Mine is the version ( can't remember the number - V1? ) that you can carry cocked and locked, but it's too big for me to carry.

It's never misfired or jammed - I can't say that about the Sig 220 carry my wife has ( and hardly ever shoots ) - but I can say that about the Hi Point 45 and a slew of other 45's.

I have an HK-45, an HK-45c, and a full sized 1911. Both my H&K 45s have a 'lite LEM' trigger. My hands down favorite is the HK-45c, next the HK-45, last the 1911. The 45c does about all the full size can do in a smaller package.

The 45c is small enough for easier CC. I'd get the 45c over the full size, if you can find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back