Ammo Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seeing more ammo now on the shelves.

We have Two Super Wal-Mart stores in town and have seen more .22 ammo, .380, 9mm, 40 cal, etc., showing up on the store shelves. Same goes for Academy Sports & Outdoors. Prices are about the same for the most part before all the panic buying kicked in. Still spotty but you can find it.

Both stores look pretty slim where I am at. I picked up 3 boxes of 12 ga birdshot today at Wally.

My WM still looks like it's in a Mad Max movie. Unless you have a 270 and then you have like 4-5 choices. Should start filling up soon.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
I am seeing more ammo now on the shelves.

We have Two Super Wal-Mart stores in town and have seen more .22 ammo, .380, 9mm, 40 cal, etc., showing up on the store shelves. Same goes for Academy Sports & Outdoors. Prices are about the same for the most part before all the panic buying kicked in. Still spotty but you can find it.

WMs in my area are completely wiped. However, Academy has a good supply in all of the popular calibers and the prices are still quite reasonable--I picked up a box of Prvi Partizan .45 ACP today for $16.00/50.

While I was there some idiot called in to do a price check so that he could decide what to charge for his ammo on the Internet. When the clerk told him the price, she said he laughed and he said that he would charge at least 4x that. You have to love the gougers...

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
While I was there some idiot called in to do a price check so that he could decide what to charge for his ammo on the Internet. When the clerk told him the price, she said he laughed and he said that he would charge at least 4x that. You have to love the gougers...

Geeez, why don't the gougers just make it an auction event.
crazy.gif
At some point (I hope) people will just stop buying the very high priced ammo. But there's always a handful of manics that will pay whatever it takes to get some.

Paid a visit to the Northside Wal-Mart here today for some lawn stuff and checked out ammo supplies.

They had several 50 round boxes of .380, Federal 5.56 MM in 20 round boxes. several boxes of .45 ACP 250 round Winchester White Box. Boxes of 50 rounds of .22 ammo and plenty of Shotgun Ammo. Boxes of .357 50 round boxes and boxes of .357 100 rounds. Wal-Mart here has a limit of 3 boxes. So for example with the .45 ACP that would give you 750 rounds. It was $93.00 a box.

Many boxes of .22 mag. Other rifle ammo too.

Academy Sports - Outdoors has had more ammo too now.

glad to hear. Still empty in Central Illinois. Even 12 gauge have been out for the last couple of months.

It is slowly returning up here. Most hunting rounds are back on the shelf as well as anything shotgun. I have not seen reasonable 9 mm or 45 ACP on the shelf yet. My local range had gotten some nasty 9 mm metal cased stuff in stock for $19/50.

Cabelas no longer has shelf space for handgun or 22 ammo. They just have little fixture that sits empty near the gun case.

Originally Posted By: hatt
My WM still looks like it's in a Mad Max movie. Unless you have a 270 and then you have like 4-5 choices. Should start filling up soon.

270 is very plentiful here too. Wished I could carry a Ruger 270 concealed! The more popular caliber is very slowly coming back around here.

It may be that more ammo is avialable but I see them per box is way too expensive still for my pocket book! This year I'm just colling my barrels until all this heat dies down.

Durango

I never knew that shotgun ammo was sparse in some areas! things are calming down here as well. not unusual to walk in and see boxes of 40 and 9 on the shelves.

I still stand in line every Wednesday at the local Big5 a half hour before they open in hopes they will have something I can use. About the only thing that I can find on an irregular basis is 12 gauge 00 buck. I have not seen .22 WMR, .44 magnum, or .30 Carbine in months. I see .223 & .45 ACP once in a blue moon. The only things I see on the shelves is .270 & .30-06. I think part of the problem is the proposed $.05 a round tax here in Kalifornia

Last edited:
Ammo supplies/availability is still picking up around here and places that had virtually nothing have some on hand depending on what you are looking for.

One of the hardest to find here is .22 ammo as it has been spotty.

Stopped by the local sporting goods this morning and got 3 100 round boxes of 22 long rifle and a box of 50 Rounds of 9MM ammo. They had the 500 round bricks but by the time I got to the ammo counter they were sold out of those but had plenty of the 100 round boxes limit 3.

Originally Posted By: salesrep
Curious,,what did a 100 rd box go for?

100 round plastic box was $5.95 each. The 500 round brick was around $20.00

Stopped by the local sporting goods store and got 100 rounds of 9MM Winchester white box for $26.00 and tax.

Got some .223 ammo too at around 40¢ a round.

Found .22 Long Rifle Ammo both last week and this week at Wal-Mart limit 3 boxes of 50 rounds.

They had a couple of different brands of 9mm too but did not need any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back