yet another toyota airbag recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ well Toyota is likely most relevant to the OP given that he stated that HE got a notice...

I doubt any of the car makers make their own airbags. I suspect they all buy from the same few makers of those bags. I suspect the real culprit is the airbag company, although Toyota might have not tested it first....yes, all makers get these types of recalls.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Its funny how you state only Toyota when its also Honda and Nissan that are a part of the same recall.

not really the OP loves his Prius and vigorously defends it.

so whatever you are implying its not there.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Obligatory: Get a Ford next time!

Ford uses Takata as one of their seatbelt/airbag/steering wheel suppliers as well
smile.gif

If you're really that freaked out, a T25-T35 Torx screws and a few covers is all that is needed to liberate your driver's side airbag. I don't know if they do this still but there should be a manufacturer's marking on it. I've got a Morton/Autoliv unit in a old Lexus. TRW, Autoliv and Takata are the major suppliers of airbags.

Last edited:
That is what happens when a single vendor that supplies multiple manufacturers has an issue. Texas Instruments made the cruise control switches for Ford that caught cars and trucks on fire.

Its funny how you state only Toyota when its also Honda and Nissan that are a part of the same recall.
+1

I find it interesting when they do recalls on stuff that is 10+ years old. Sure, it's safety, and they're on the hook: but it does help explain why everything stays expensive--if I had to cover something for 10+ years I'd charge more upfront too.

He owns a Toyota....would it not be strange if he said he has to take his Toyota in for the Honda recall?
crazy2.gif

BTW, let's all agree that recalls are a good thing. They get defective parts off the street.

Last edited:
In one article I read on it, other than Toyota, Honda and Nissan, that there were other "un-named" manufacturers that use this brand of airbag, so I'm figuring other makes will be included in this recall as well.

Originally Posted By: Propflux01
In one article I read on it, other than Toyota, Honda and Nissan, that there were other "un-named" manufacturers that use this brand of airbag, so I'm figuring other makes will be included in this recall as well.

BMW is one of them. They don't know yet how many of them are affected yet.

Originally Posted By: Doog

He owns a Toyota....would it not be strange if he said he has to take his Toyota in for the Honda recall?
crazy2.gif

The title of the thread is misleading. It would be more accurate to say: "Toyota, Honda and Nissan in airbag recall"...then his post could say, "looks like I will have to take my car in"

I am surprised the thread isn't riddled with more zzyzzx type comments as all the other threads have been.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I wish the mods would delete this thread title and rename it massive recall on airbags.

Affects Toyota, Honda, Nissan, GM, Mazda maybe a few others as well.

What's your problem? I don't own Honda, Nissan, GM, Mazda or a few others as well.

It's just happened there are 2 outstanding recalls on airbag in my Corolla and I'm trying to decide if I should do them at all.

Not everyone posting here has some kind of partisan agenda.

The title of the thread is misleading. It would be more accurate to say: "Toyota, Honda and Nissan in airbag recall"...

Misleading?
crazy2.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
+1

Guess that negates that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back