How to go about doing a rotation myself Acura tl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen a jacking point wide enough for both jack and jack stand. What one has to do is to use either the center lift point (but then the jack height might not be enough) or locate an alternate side lift point somewhere under the frame. The later is very specific to each car and unless a knowledgeable person shows me exactly where, I would not try that point. Sometimes, factory service manual shows them.

a very successful lady lawyer I know had a BMW sports car which she leased. Flatted on the side of a road, and a good samaritan changed the flat for her, except he did not jack the car in the right spot, doing over $1000 worth of damage as the body panel got torqued.

Originally Posted By: PeterGreen
The problem is that the jacking point is not big enough for both a jack and a jack stand,and I could not use the front and rear jacking points--hence the need to use the donut.

Assuming that your floor jack is a decent size and has a fairly large pad area, you can usually lift each front corner at the location where the lower control arm mounts to the subframe.

You are assuming that I even know how a lower control arm looks like :) With my luck, I might try to jack up the tie-rod end! Seriously, do all cars have lower control arm? Is there such a thing as upper control arm too? Please don't lmgify!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back