Same Tire Different Brand....Vanity/Local branding

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is pure economic, for average tyre the manufacturer profit margin is small. By selling with any brand, manufacturer does not need to spend much on marketing and no need to worry about counterfeit, because the brand is not theirs

Found the same tire with a THIRD name...Aspen Touring A/S...at the dealer (in a different part of the state) that also sold the tire as Doral and Sumic...

Just an update...I'm now running them @ 34psi all 'round (vs recommended 29)

I am pleased with them...on the highway there's no road noise, or wandering/floating that some people have experienced with their Camry on other tires.

I put a set of the Doral tires on my Sentra and have now gone thru several snow storms and they have performed as well as an A/S tire can be expected to. I never got stuck or slid out of control. For a budget tire-don't fear these if your money is a little short.

Originally Posted By: measureman
I put a set of the Doral tires on my Sentra and have now gone thru several snow storms and they have performed as well as an A/S tire can be expected to. I never got stuck or slid out of control. For a budget tire-don't fear these if your money is a little short.

Which model? Same as pictured on page 1?

Living in Florida I hadn't thought of the tire's ability in the snow...glad it worked out for ya in the snow...due in part most likely to the lighter weight of the Sentra...

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Originally Posted By: measureman

Which model? Same as pictured on page 1?

Living in Florida I hadn't thought of the tire's ability in the snow...glad it worked out for ya in the snow...due in part most likely to the lighter weight of the Sentra...

Same exact tread pattern as in the first post. Mine just have Doral stamped on the sidewall.

Good to know...

...yes, Doral is one name "branded" on this Sumi Rubber tire...
Sumic and Aspen Touring are the 2 other names I've seen stamped on the sidewall...again, glad it's worked out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back