Carbon removal...over the counter products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote...
"B12 Chemtool is $2.50-$3 per can definently NOT $8
Its one of the strongest solvents you can buy.
Obviously ONE treatment of B12 in the gas isn't going to solve major problems. Especially ones that might not even be related to the fuel system.
If your EGR is clogged up, why do you think any product added to the gasoline will fix it in one treatment? "

True the small can of standard (B-12 Chemtool) is some $2.50-$3.00 BUT NOT the "TOTAL FUEL SYSTEM CLEAN- UP" 16 oz can. Thats almost $8.00
rolleyes.gif
When I explaned the slight ping to the rep, the Berryman tech told me to use the Total system clean-up. (call me a sucker)
rolleyes.gif

I never said my EGR was clogged...I said I'm going to remove to see (if) it is
rolleyes.gif

[ December 09, 2005, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

On an interesting side note, my work just got in some regular B12 Chemtool. No place on the floor yet. We also got in some 3-part B12 kits. They're advertised as professional use only, and they come with:
1) Air intake cleaner aerosol
2) B12 Chemtool or virtually identical can (they say to throw it in the tank)
3) Some sort of cleaner intended for use with the included clear hose and fittings for direct vacuum consumption. Says specifically not to use it in the tank. Stronger than regular B12 chemtool? No idea.
4) The aforementioned hose and fittings.

has anyone put the Chemtool through a intake vaccuum line like Seafoam?

here i can find the chemtool much cheaper then Seafoam and i could be convinced to switch if the B12 is a good cleaner as much as safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back