Liqui Moly leichtlauf high tech 5w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody.

first let me apologize for my bad English. The reason for that is that i'm Danish.

i have bin reading a lot on this forum, and think it is really really good. people seem to know what they are talking about. at least most of them :)

now my question. I am about to do an oilchange on my 2007 Nissan Note 1.6(HR16DE) i'm planing to use Liqui Moly leichtlauf high tech 5w-40. Normally here liqui moly is considered good lubricants. but i'm having trouble finding any experience with this particular engineoil.

anyone here knows if it's any good?

Thanks

Søren

welcome2.gif

Maybe try a Google Search for satisfied users of this oil.

Thanks you :)

Have tried to google it. But i coult not find anything usefull.

I did not use it, but I heard good thing about it. I used LM Top Tech 4200 5W-40 in my previous s500. Unfortunately my oil was changed by accident in the shop which I didn't ask for, so I don't have UOA.
I think it should work fine in you car, 0/5w30 will work even better during winter. In US that engine calls for 5w-30 and lives fine with such oil.

Hi,
Soren - The products are first class. Use according to specification. They form(ed) part of some German vehicles Manufacturer's "layered" FF lubricant supply programme

I once lived in Taastrup and then in Frederiksberg. I worked for Chevron-Caltex in Adelsgade, near Shell Huset (then)

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replyes :)

yes i know they call for 5w-30 but here. For some reason all the dealers use 5-40 and some even 10-40. The last one probertly becouse its cheaper.

drive 90 km tvice a day With speeds between 130 and 150 km/h. Så i think a bit thicker oil will do well in the summer.

Doug thats funny :) i live just outside copenhagen :) did you like it here ?

regards
Søren

Hi,
shDK - Yes Danmark is meget smuk!

I have been back many times, and my eldest Son was born in Frederksberg Hospitial. We lived in Roarsvej. I raced on the Ordrupbanen many times

Doug- so your in to bike racing?

unfortunatly the ordruptrack is closed today. And have bin for about 10 years now.

but i, m curius. What do you think is the biggest difference between living in denmark. And living in australia ?

Hi,
shDK - I'm originally from New Zealand but in OZ from around 1978

The Danish culture and the overall attitude of the Danish people is very appealing to me - a great Scandinavian History!

OZ is like a little America in many ways. OZ and NZ are the only English speaking Nations in Asia. We are wedded to Asia - like it or not!

I'll always be part Danish at heart!!!

Doug- nice to hear. Maybe i will get the chance to visit australia some day. :)

but what is your knowledge on liqui moly products overall ?

:) søren

Hi,
soren - I've used them but have not done any "clinical" testing

As a FF supplier to German Auto Manufactuers you can rest assured that they pass all the requirements needed

Best wishes

Miniac - thanks. Nice to know. But i dont think you can buy meguin here in denmark. So think i will stick to the liqui moly :)

Depend on how many liters you need, you can buy on ebay.de and it costs 14.90€ by 30l for international delivery so 0.5€/l.

I do it as I leave in Sweden where oil costs like gold...

shDK,

Can you please tell me your experience with Liqui Moly leichtlauf high tech 5w-40 ?

I have a similar engine to yours and I am also considering to switch to Liqui Moly on my next oil change.

Since you asked this question a year ago I suspect you have some feedback on the oil?
smile.gif

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back