Diesel Sectret Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dieselsecret.com/

I did a search on here, didn't come up with anything. maybe i'm searching for the wrong things?

Is this a gimmik?

tear it apart.

I have interest in bio-diesel in the future, i'm kinda laxidaisily exploring the possabilities. (I plan on my next vehicle being a diesel).

Dunno what it is, but in my looking at biofuels, I think that there could be some problems with this "technology".

Traditional biodiesel requires the reaction of an alcohol with a triglyceride (vegetable oil), to create a biodiesel, which is a methyl, ethyl, etc, ester, and about 10-15% v/v glycerine, which must be disposed of.

A catalyst (Sodium or Potassium Hydroxide) helps drive the process.

Vege oil is VERY viscous, requiring it to be thinned (some use vege, cut with unleaded, or kerosen, in place of modification), before it can be used. Others thin with heat, i.e. the twin tank systems.

There are a very few, who are using "partial" esterification, who use a minimal amount of alcohol, and a less than optimal amount of caustic.

They end up with a less viscous cocktail or esters, tryglycerides, glycerine and salts...that APPEARS to work in diesel engines.

To simply add "patented product A' and "other ingredients" to vege oil, and have a usable fuel without a waste product sounds to me like they are making a cocktail.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back