ARX time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

will arx remove carbon built up on the pistons by adding it to the oil?

You are talking about carbon buildup in the combustion chamber- ARX, is designed to run in the oil, and your rings are designed to keep the oil out of the combustion chamber, so ARX would have no effect on intake/combustion chamber carbon buildups...

Get the engine up to temp, (operating temp)... have a friend hold the throttle open a bit, and feed distilled water through a vacume line. (find one close to the throttle body, (but after the MAF))... take about a minut or 2 to suck up half a quart... take it for a drive to heat everything back up, then feed the second half of the quart the same as you did the first... Then run a can of BG 44K in the gas tank. Then 2 tanks with techron. Then have a look in there again. (i'm betting it'll be clean)... Then to prevent this from happening again... order FP60 and use according to instructions on every tank of gas for the remaining life of the vehicle.

(you don't have to do everything here, but try some of them, I highly recomend the water, it's cheap, if it doesn't work, you aren't out much, the BG44K, is expensive, but is very potent. Techron is easy to find, medium price, and proven reasonably effective, FP60 is a low-dose, with high returns.... often paying itself off in milage gains anyways)

my 93' honda civic has 172k on the clock, i've tried seafoam in the crankcase and it didnt seem to do anything to clean junk out... i dont even know if there is junk built up but with that many miles you'd have to think there is.

1. will arx remove carbon built up on the pistons by adding it to the oil? theres quite a bit, i removed the plugs and looked through with a flashlight.....seafoam didn't do anything to this either, even after a 20 min soak and being fed through the intake.

2. im a little concerned about it possibly breaking a bunch of stuff loose and it getting clogged somewhere, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

If BG 44k is too expensive, try Seafoam and use the same way. Its only about $4.50 a can at Advanced Auto Parts and it worked great on my GAGT V6.

i tried seafoam, it didnt do squat.....maybe the carbon is just too hard.... i let it soak for a good 20 mins, even overnight one time and fed it through the vacuum line....it had like white smoke, but no black smoke and the carbon was still there as before.... ****, maybe the piston tops are black to begin with and the carbon is really gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back