My 2011 Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was buying some crush washers at the Honda dealer and the guy at the counter asked me if I wanted to buy some flters as well. I told him I was currently using a KN filter and have a couple Napa Platinums for the next oil change so thanks anyways. He then proceeded to tell me that the Honda ones were better and that any aftermarket filters were sub-par to the OEM. I kindly laughed it off and said, "I highly doubt any Honeywell filter could keep up with the KN or NAPA PLatinum." Any truth to his comment, or was he just trying to make a sale? Thanks

ANY of the filters you spoke about are just fine.

Yours will not be any better than his. He was trying to sell you a few filters.

There are some OEM filters that are BUILT well but they still filter just like the aftermarket ones.

Bill

For the most part yes. Follow the OLM or manual for recommended OCI and most filters will cause your engine to last a LONG LONG time.

Millions of vehicles out there prove it!

Bill knows his stuff. To be honest I run whatever I can find the cheapest. They all do a really good job at filtering oil. Even the orange cans have a pretty good track record.

Unless I extend my OCI's to 20-25k miles I would not use fancy/expensive synthetic oil filters. Most mid-range filters such as Purolator Pure 1 are more than adequate for 10-15k miles OCI in a clean engine.

I've got a bunch of Filtec built Honda filters for my 2008 Odyssey. Those babies are built very well. They're tough to cut open compared to most. Like Bill said above though, they probably filter just as good as any.

There is a Honda filter that is better or as good as the ones you listed above, its Honda part # 15400-PLM-A01 . It is NOT made by Honeywell but Filtech I believe. They are available here :

Handa Accessories

Ha! Thanks all for your input. I actually do have a couple of filtech's in my garage. Honda OEM. A-01. I guess I should have realized that this forum is in the belief that all filters are equal. Why compare anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back