Best source for discount Honda OEM parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be doing a brake reline on my kid's 2009 Civic and want to get OEM parts. Does anyone know if a good site to shop? I know plenty of good Toyota sites but not Honda.

Places like Rockauto.com also carries a lot of OEM parts....and do a little research, because of TON of parts are made and supplied by the same manufacturer and just put in different boxes.

I mean, how many factories do we need making EGR valves for a 2006 Honda Civic? A lot of parts do come from China and are JUNK, no doubt. But Rockauto lists direct OEM replacement parts on their website and this helps to indicated that it is HIGHLY possible that this part is simply the exact same as one you'd get from the dealer, just but in a different box.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
...simply the exact same as one you'd get from the dealer, just but in a different box...

True for somethings, absolutely NOT Honda brake pads in my experience.

Honda brake pads are also reasonably priced and come with a full complement of shims, lubricant and so forth and so on...

And I have used all three of the suppliers I linked and had good service from all of them.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
...simply the exact same as one you'd get from the dealer, just but in a different box...

True for somethings, absolutely NOT Honda brake pads in my experience.

Honda brake pads are also reasonably priced and come with a full complement of shims, lubricant and so forth and so on...

And I have used all three of the suppliers I linked and had good service from all of them.

+1 I like OEM brake parts. They just fit perfectly. I have had problems with aftermarket ones squealing etc. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Places like Rockauto.com also carries a lot of OEM parts....and do a little research, because of TON of parts are made and supplied by the same manufacturer and just put in different boxes.

I mean, how many factories do we need making EGR valves for a 2006 Honda Civic? A lot of parts do come from China and are JUNK, no doubt. But Rockauto lists direct OEM replacement parts on their website and this helps to indicated that it is HIGHLY possible that this part is simply the exact same as one you'd get from the dealer, just but in a different box.

The "OEM" designation just means that the brand made at least one part for Honda, not that the type of part you are buying was ever made for Honda. There have been a zillion suppliers for Honda over the years, so it's very likely that a part from an "OEM supplier" was never made for the factory or dealers.

In fact there are almost no assurances at all when you buy auto parts. Even Bosch sells oxygen sensors that were made by non-Bosch factories in China, in regular Bosch boxes at full Bosch prices.

I don't know where you live in the "Midwest", but I like Bill Kay Honda just south of Chicago. For me living in Milwaukee, if I order on a Monday it gets delivered on Wednesday by regular UPS. Their prices are good too.

I've ordered a -lot- of parts from them for my daughter's Accord and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

http://www.bkhondaparts.com/

I once bought AEM brake pads for a 1999 Honda CRV. They were actually made by Nissin, one of Honda's OEM suppliers! All that from a company that specializes in making aluminum air intake tubes with cone shaped filters!

Also, Beck/Arnley often buys stuff from the factory supplier and resells it for less than a dealership. I have seen parts from all kinds of other OEM suppliers, such as Sumitomo, Tokico, Textar, Mintex, and so on.

I got all my parts from Hondapartsnow.com. Thanks to everybody for the tips. I saved about $35 over buying from the dealer.

cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doog
Going to be doing a brake reline on my kid's 2009 Civic and want to get OEM parts. Does anyone know if a good site to shop? I know plenty of good Toyota sites but not Honda.

If the brake lines failed naturally in the course of 4+ years, why would you want to replace them with the same thing? I'd look for something better.

Or do you mean the brake pads and rotors?

I think he must have meant brake lining as in friction material. Unless his Civic was at the bottom of the ocean for the last four year, I don't think he would have his brake lines rusted!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back