Long-term FP observation

Status
Not open for further replies.
'95 F-150, 5.0L V-8, 139,XXX miles, 4R70W transmission, regular maintenance (but nothing dramatic or religious).
Last summer I noticed that during long (~30 miles one way) trips on the highway the transmission would kick out of OD even on the slightest incline.
At that time tranny was due for service (~30,000 miles on bulk Dex. III fluid). Replaced filter and fluid (11 out of 14 qts. - drain plug in TC) with MaxLife Dex. III - no change. Same story with plugs, wires, cap&rotor, air and fuel filters.
Last August I started adding FP to the gas at ~1 oz. to 5 gal. Between Aug. 04 and present the truck has been used mostly for short trips (4-6 miles one way) around town. The only additional repair/maintenance procedure performed during this time period was replacement of LH radius arm bushing.
Last week I had to take several trips along the previous highway route (same speed, distance, almost the same weather conditions, etc). This time, the tranny stayed in OD most of the way.
I imagine it could be possible that there was some sort of minor trans. issue that the marvelous MaxLife fluid has improved or fixed. Outside of that, FP was the only variable changed.

You're on the right track with FP, now start using some Lube Control in your oil regularly and some in your trans too. Experience the magic of Lube Control dude. FP + LC = Happy Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back