Addatives and alusil / nikasil engines???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is auto-rx safe for alusil or nikasil engines such as those in BMW's? What about FP/LC or other addatives??? MMO?

Auto-Rx is safe for the above engines,animals and humans,you might have a sick dog or a gastric upset however you are safe you can smell it breathe it and cars in back of you there passengers can be safe from your tailpipe pollution(if your using Auto-Rx )

I have used Auto-RX, FP and LC in Porsches with Alusil engines. I have about a year of running FP60 in every tank usually at treat rate of about 1.5 ounces per 5 US Gallons. After my current ARX rinse is done I will be running LC20 in the oil in maintainance mode.

I have used MMO a bit in the gas before I got FP60 but never in the crankcase.

I am not aware of any ill effects. I don't really see any way that AutoRX or FP60 would have any problems with these alloys based on what they are (Auto-RX) and how they are used (FP60). I doubt if LC20 would have any negative effects on the alloy cylinder walls just by adding some solvency to the oil.

Hi,
it is fairly certain that in certain cases Alusil or Nikasil "wear" components have experienced corrosion when exposed to the use of high sulfur fuels
I do not know or have heard of other chemical reactions, but if an engine maker expressly says "....do not use X Y Z in our engines...." there will be a sound reason!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back