Mostly Impressed With Michelin Energy Saver A/S

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 rotations. 18,000 miles on the tires.

2 tires have 9/32" remaining (100%)

2 tires have 8/32" remaining (85%)

MPG is still great, ride is passable, traction is a bit dismal, but who cares, right?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Rand
edit fail:

yokohama g95a

320 BA

Note the "high" UTOG of 320 (yokohama's utog is already inflated as they use a really low life reference tire)

Its also the first Traction "B" tire I've ever owned...

not to poop on your michelin thread.. with all this but
I wonder how the average "LRR" type tire would compare to the average OEM tire.

Why not take 3-4 OEM tires get an average.. take 3-4 older design LRR tires and 3-4 of the new LRR tires

and compare them.

Looking back into this 6 months later, I've only seen tires with Traction A Temperature B, but never the other way around. This looks like a disaster in the making.

Tires with traction scores of B aren't all that uncommon in OEM fitments. The Bridgestone Turanza EL42 tires on our 2007 Chrysler Town & Country were rated 380-B-B as I recall. They were the worst tires I've ever owned.

28k on the Energy Saver A/S, 7/32" remaining all around.

Traction seems to have improved ever since I replaced the rear shocks, so it is possible that my concerns about lousy traction were simply an issue with the vehicle's worn shocks.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
28k on the Energy Saver A/S, 7/32" remaining all around.

Traction seems to have improved ever since I replaced the rear shocks, so it is possible that my concerns about lousy traction were simply an issue with the vehicle's worn shocks.

Correction. Had a rotation done last Thurs and the shop measured 5/32" on the front and 6/32" on the rear. Still plenty left but it looks like I'll barely squeak by the 65k treadwear claim. Current mileage on the tires is 31,000 miles, tread depth when new was 9/32". I would say that the treadlife is reasonable considering my rather aggressive driving and the alignment settings of a Prius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back