I'm playing with MMO again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
High in the Mountains of Central California
Yep, a half-gallon of MMO mixed with 19 gallons of gas for two straight tanks. In my guinea pig, the '83 F250 with a 460.

It ran kinda funny during the two tanks, but NOW its idle is the best since I've had this beast.

No white clouds, and the exhaust smelled minty.
grin.gif

haha...

I noticed something recently....

I decided.... over a month ago- to start using mmo religiously in the gas tank, i didn't notice much of anything... started recording fuel economy around that time... and when I learned that my fuel economy was worse than I realized (14-16MPG).. I did a few things... had new exsaust mounted up.. free flow cat/muffler, slightly bigger pipe, to replace the old clogged up exsaust.. I put new spark plugs and wires and such on there, I started getting ~17-19MPG range(over 6 tanks)... I was pleased... then recently... I weaned off the mmo... on the last 3 tanks... economy dropped down to the 15-16 range... I was under the impression that most users of mmo found eithor- no improvement in milage, or reduction in milage.. maybe it's all just a coincidence.... also.. it's been cooler these last few tanks... colder tires could mean less air pressure- denser air also would mean the engine would burn with a bit more fuel. hehe..... i'm going to start with the mmo again after my arx treatment, see if it "jumps" back up to where it was when i stopped.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Man ..that's a good dose!! Doing that level of add had my 3.0 doing the "light fog" all the time.

Now that your heads are fixed, you ought to try the same dosage again to see what reading you get this time on the ol' fog-o-meter...for purely scientific reasons, of course.
wink.gif

offtopic.gif
Speaking of those repairs, have you noticed any differences in power and fuel economy?

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
...(he-he note to self: They still haven't "topped this" in terms of odd ball crap being added to the foo ..err fuel tank
grin.gif
)

smile.gif

Fool tank, to complete your thought!

Anyway, my new goal is to get that 460 to really fog 'em good. I'm going to go with 1.5 gallons of MMO next time... AND I'll add some paint thinner, too.

Then we'll see who the fool really is!
pat.gif

Man ..that's a good dose!! Doing that level of add had my 3.0 doing the "light fog" all the time.

I guess it's a case of "there's no replacement for displacement".

You need a full gallon to get the fog effect (he-he note to self: They still haven't "topped this" in terms of odd ball crap being added to the foo ..err fuel tank
grin.gif
)

smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Big O Dave:
Yep, a half-gallon of MMO mixed with 19 gallons of gas for two straight tanks. In my guinea pig, the '83 F250 with a 460.

It ran kinda funny during the two tanks, but NOW its idle is the best since I've had this beast.

No white clouds, and the exhaust smelled minty.
grin.gif

Hello, I have tried different amounts of MMO and the engine ran like it had 50% of the horse power at anything over 6 OZs per Gallon. So I have just stayed with 2 OZs per Gallon as recomended and it runs great. I have stayed with this for quite some time now and the Mint Farmers are not giving me a double take when I pass them by
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Or a "known" such as several gallons of water... why put it in through a vacuum port when you can just stick the hose in the tank?

Now we're talking!! You gotta love the simplicity and economy of motion.
grin.gif
cheers.gif

Holy crap, I thought I was being bold by tossing a 16 oz. bottle into a 20 gallon tank....
Well, the next time I threw in a bottle to a half tank. Guess I'm still playing with small change compared to you guys.
(Hope nobody has burned their lips trying to suck on the exhaust pipe.)

quote:

Originally posted by 2004 F150 4x4:
LargeCarMan
FYI
.4 OZ to a gallon not 2 oz to a gallon

Thanks, I meant 2oz's per 10 gallons/not per gallon...
grin.gif

Big O Dave, thanks I tried to edit before I was caught
dunno.gif
and missed the time limit
frown.gif

MMO at high doses seems to reduce economy. Lower doses seems to help idle quality and whatnot.

I havent experienced any improvements.

JMH

Just wondering? does MMO mess with o2 sensors and cats over time. I used MMo in my 82 Eldo for a couple of years and the Cat got clogged up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back