Drag Specialties Synthetic Motorcycle Oil 20w50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any help with this oil would be greatly appreciated. It's had to find anything. What type of base stock, who makes it. Has anyone run this oil?

Quote:
Drag Specialties 20W50 Motorcycle Oil
• This fully synthetic base oil teamed with our selective additive package yields exceptional viscosity stability and lasting anti-oxidation qualities that cannot be derived from conventional base oils
• Specifically engineered and produced as a multi-fill lubricant for Harley-Davidson V-Twin motors, transmissions and primaries
• Remarkable film strength and heat protection
• Long-lasting protection against engine wear
• Outstanding protection against sludge buildup
• Excellent sealing characteristics providing maximum power output
• Meets all warranty performance criteria for Harley-Davidson engines and does not void new vehicle warranties
• Meets and exceeds API CI-4/SL service rating

I run it in a recent full rebuild on my TC 114" with Revolution Performance cylinders (nickesil) and had the oppty to try a new set of Feuling cams. My engine builder made it a point of calling me and asking what oil I use. He said he was going to start selling it because he said the cylindrs and cams looked like the day he put it together after 8k miles.
Thats the best I can tell you.

Originally Posted By: msparks
Any help with this oil would be greatly appreciated. It's had to find anything. What type of base stock, who makes it. Has anyone run this oil?

Howdy Msparks --- clearly this is oil that is rebranded and without knowing what it is specifically and who made it, I would be scared to put it in my bike. Stick with brand-named oils. It is cheap insurance.

One of the Harley shops (not dealer) I go to carries this stuff.
Don't know anything about it or others that use it.
I see the brand "Drag Specialties" after market parts there too.

It's made by Spectro Oil, which is made in USA product. Gold Wing owners have been using this oil for years, along with a bunch of other motorcyclists.

I too prefer to use an oil with a brand name I recognize rather than a rebranded oil you don't know what it actually is.

With that, fonz67 seems to have proven the oil out so it sounds ok do use for sure. I use Redline V-Twin in my Harleys and have been satisfied. If the price was the same or even a litte more than this Drag Specialties oil...I would surely go Redline. I know what's in the Redline bottle.

Thanks for the info. Anyway to tell if it's for sure made by Spectro? Pricing looks like it would be group III at best and most likely group II/III blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back