Midway USA - in stock notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something smells (stinks) with Midway USA...

I received an email notification that they added some ammo into their stock. It hit my phone, before it hit my email account on my laptop.

I instantly followed the link, to be greeted with a message that they were already out of stock.

Out of stock in less than 30 seconds? Really?

What did they have, 5 boxes of it?

Most likely the email went out a day or two after it was in the system and for sale on the site. Its not like they unload the truck and then send out an email 1 minute later.

yep it just sold out that fast. also with email lists isn't all instant. I have seen ppl get auto emails hours apart from others.

Many of the ammo engines like ammoseek.com and gunbot.net are putting links to places like MidwayUSA. The traffic coming from those has to be huge

I find it frustrating when I refresh my ammoseek or gunbot and the last update was 32 seconds ago, and as I click that link immediately after reading the description and price per round it notifies me that it's "old information" and "currently sold out". Who are these people?!
mad.gif

I work in the e-commerce industry and while I don't know anything about Midway's site, it's unlikely that those e-mail notifications are real-time. Stuff like that is often done in batches at scheduled times. Chances are that they were out of stock when the e-mail went out.

Midway USA is good people. You did not get hosed.
I have been online recently when a 44Mag.Com sent email saying some certain
Glock and AR mags were just available.... and I have plenty. But..... I went
to their website right away and watched them sell out in minutes..... for
double price! Its just crazy out there. Don't blame Midway!

JP

Of all the companies I deal with, Midway has been the absolute best.

Once they sent me too much ammo, and said "just keep it", no charge.

I give them 5 stars!

You have to be quick. That's for sure. But I've bought Glock magazines and other items at regular price with Midway using their notification system.

What's not clear is how much they got in on your order. What if it was only a few of that item? I could see it selling in seconds...depends on the latency of your email service and that delay alone might allow someone to buy ahead of you.

The notification, regular price, first come-first served, and limit per customer is the fairest approach I've seen. It sure beats getting ripped off by ""Cheaper"" than Dirt...

Midway will continue to get my business.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Something smells (stinks) with Midway USA...

I received an email notification that they added some ammo into their stock. It hit my phone, before it hit my email account on my laptop.

I instantly followed the link, to be greeted with a message that they were already out of stock.

Out of stock in less than 30 seconds? Really?

What did they have, 5 boxes of it?

Happens with all the other companies too. Bam - you have got to be QUICK. I've got in twice now, and missed about 20 times. 10% or so.

Really ammo companies need to start adding volume rather than thinking this will blow over. Consumers have changed their new ammo minimums. It's that obvious. The guys who used to keep a box or two, now keep a case. The folks who kept a case lay in 5 cases, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back